Author Topic: Avast Web Browser Security Plugin for Safari & Avast 2017  (Read 6675 times)

REDACTED

Avast Web Browser Security Plugin for Safari & Avast 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »
Two questions/inquiries: I recently installed Avast for MAC.  I have Safari 10.0.3 and Sierra 10.12.3.  The Avast Passwords extension in Safari works - however, the Avast Web Browser Security Plugin doesn't seem to be an option to install or even available.  Is this plugin not compatible with Safari and only compatible with Chrome and/or Firefox?   Also is there going to be a new 2017 version of Avast for MAC soon?  I have heard rumors of a new product later this year that is going to be combined Avast/AVG product.   Thank you.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Web Browser Security Plugin for Safari & Avast 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
Is this plugin not compatible with Safari and only compatible with Chrome and/or Firefox?
have you tried FAQ section?  >>  https://support.avast.com/support/home

search word mac

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:42:47 AM »
I don't know if it doesn't work with Chrome or Firefox. I don't have either of these browsers installed. I guess I could install at least one and see if it works with it. Or I could uninstall Avast and reinstall.  Maybe it's not compatible with Safari. I can't really get a definitive answer.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 07:59:07 AM »
The plugin works on Chrome. I uninstalled it and replaced it with Opera. The plugin works with Opera. I set Opera as the default browser and have Safari as a secondary. Avast for MAC free is way better than the Norton MAC version from Comcast. I am not going back to Norton.