Author Topic: Av 4.7 pro Quarantaine  (Read 4175 times)

Gof

Av 4.7 pro Quarantaine
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:46:21 PM »
Hello,

excuse my english, it is very bad. I am a french helper hijackthis on a forum (zebulon.fr).

I do not use Avast, but I post a question to help someone. It is about the quarantaine of avast 4.7 pro.

Is there anyone who speaks french please ? If not, I will try to explain but it will be very difficult for me because my english ^^.

Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Av 4.7 pro Quarantaine
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:05:15 AM »
Gof... your English is perfect, we can understand each other.
If you can't explain, post a screenshot... a picture worth for 1000 words  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Gof

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:03:20 AM »
Hello  :)

Ok, I will try to explain.

I would like to know if it's possible to restore quarantaine in cmd command. A guy had put c:\windows in the quarantaine of avast ...

He does not answer to my questions at this time, I think he can't boot now.

The post in french
je viens de faire une boulette je crois , j'ai planifier un scan avec avast 4.7 pro au démarrage et il m'a détecté un virus dans le c:/ windows . Alors j'ai voulu le mettre en quarantaine et je me suis gourrer de touche j'ai appuyé sur la 6 au lieu de la 5 , c'est a dire au lieu de mettre en quarantaine le virus seul j'ai mis tout le fichier c// windows an quarantaine et j'ai confirmé et je ne peut pas faire de restauration il refuse quelqu'un aurais une idée lumineuse
. I try to translate :
" I have just made a pellet I believe, I had to plan a scan with avast 4.7 pro with starting and it detected a virus in C:\Windows. Then I wanted to quarantine it and I am mistake of key I supported on the 6 instead of the 5, instead of quarantining the virus only I put all the file C:\Windows\ and I confirmed and restoration cannot make refuses "

I am sorry for my english.  :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:52:09 PM »
Gof, we can understand your English. No worry.
Well, there is something I want you to explain again. It's not possible to send 'all files' in C:\Windows to Chest.
Chest, by default, has a limit. Only infected files (not folders) will be sent there.

Second, sadly, it's not possible to recover a file from Chest if you can't boot to Windows.

If you can boot in Safe Mode, just run C:\Program Files\Alwil Softwarel\avast4\ashChest.exe and restore the file to the original place or extract it to an usb drive, for instance.

If you can only boot by DOS, you need to access the folder C:\Program Files\Alwil Softwarel\avast4\DATA\chest and copy all files from there. You'll have to 'add' them to another computer, clean, with avast, to the same folder. Open avast chest and you'll see the files again. Extract them and copy to the original computer.

But I'm not sure your friend needs this... can't he boot?

Gof

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 10:26:08 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

But I'm not sure your friend needs this... can't he boot?
I do not know. I asked him, but I am waiting for an answer since friday.
It's not possible to send 'all files' in C:\Windows to Chest.
Chest, by default, has a limit. Only infected files (not folders) will be sent there.
Ok, I understand. I think that the guy had panicked, and told silly things.
If you can boot in Safe Mode, just run C:\Program Files\Alwil Softwarel\avast4\ashChest.exe and restore the file to the original place or extract it to an usb drive, for instance.

If you can only boot by DOS, you need to access the folder C:\Program Files\Alwil Softwarel\avast4\DATA\chest and copy all files from there. You'll have to 'add' them to another computer, clean, with avast, to the same folder. Open avast chest and you'll see the files again. Extract them and copy to the original computer.
Nevertheless that is very interesting to know it.

Thank you, if I have any news of him, I will tell it here.

:)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 12:37:32 AM »
Thank you, if I have any news of him, I will tell it here.
Isn't him this one?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23440.0

Gof

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 07:46:20 AM »
Hello Tech,

this one is not him. ^^

EDIT :
His nickname is Madness62 on zebulon's forum. And I do not recognize the problem in the other post -> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23440.0

I have tried to translate and I have posted your answer (reply#3).
If you want to look it, it is here -> http://forum.zebulon.fr/index.php?s=&showtopic=103653&view=findpost&p=817267

Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:11:55 PM by Gof »