Author Topic: Problem with Roaming User-Profile (Windows 7)  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Dieter41

Problem with Roaming User-Profile (Windows 7)
« on: March 08, 2017, 09:22:32 AM »
After update to Version 17.2.2517 all users became Problems with Login. The System cannot load/unload the complete roaming userprofile. Some directories and files are not accessible for the user and for the systemadministrator.
In "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\AVAST Software\Avast" all the subdirectories and files are blocked!
Windows shows me, that the user and the Administrator have full rights, but nobody can delete the files and directories.

REDACTED

Re: Problem with Roaming User-Profile (Windows 7)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:43 AM »
Same problem for me ... impossible to delete localy users profiles on the machines .. because appdata\roaming\avast ... is not empty ans is blocked

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »
The only way i found to delete the directory is to reboot in safe mode  ...
any other solutions ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
Hi

There are numerous ongoing discussions about this if you search around the forum.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=198289.msg1375216#msg1375216
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=198096.15

I believe that Avast are aware...

Temp profiles is different issue. Already in our Jira as issue AV-13163, we are working on fix which will be delivered as micro-update.

The only way around it I've found is to completely uninstall Avast, resolve any roaming profile issues then do a clean install of the new version.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »
As an old and experienced first-day-xxxxup-tester and reporter for Avast Business I took a look at that problem and found that for now it seems you can disable the self defense module which resides under the Tab "Fehlerbehandlung" in German. Will try to verifiy this on other workstations, too. No need to tinker with the profiles whatsoever.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
As an old and experienced first-day-xxxxup-tester and reporter for Avast Business I took a look at that problem and found that for now it seems you can disable the self defense module which resides under the Tab "Fehlerbehandlung" in German. Will try to verifiy this on other workstations, too. No need to tinker with the profiles whatsoever.

I had a suspicion that that may have had something to do with it.  This was after I'd panicked and uninstalled / re-installed however.  Cheers!