Author Topic: Safezone Unable to open "pop-up logins" in bank mode.  (Read 3304 times)

REDACTED

Safezone Unable to open "pop-up logins" in bank mode.
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:18:50 AM »
After a somewhat recent update safezone can no longer open my banks login page in bank mode and opens it outside of it instead so I need to switch to desktop to login. Similar issue logging into Paypal to update my pre-paid credit on optus recharge, never use to have these issues.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Safezone Unable to open "pop-up logins" in bank mode.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
Update to the latest version and see if the problem is solved or not.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197955.0

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
Unfortunately it will not help. We track this issue already. The problem is that the page triggers popup and this is incorrectly opened on the default desktop.

We need to fix this as soon as possible.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 03:09:40 AM »
Well, I got an automatic update yesterday and the" pop-up pay bills" won't open in bank mode.  Like you said it opens back under on the desktop.  Doesn't do me much good there.  It's been almost 30 days since your post and you haven't fixed it yet?  I hate this new version........Program Version 17.2.2288 (build 17.2.3419.64)

Ps..........maybe I should mention that when this happens, I am already logged in to my bank's website.  It seems to function fine going from one bank page to another but when I click on the link within the website that says "pay bills" which would take me to another website within my bank is when it opens it up "UNDER" the SafeZone or Bank Mode.  It opens it back up on the desktop.  This did NOT happen with my previous version of AVAST when using Bank Mode.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:16:23 PM by DrPepper9 »

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
Hi,

please always write version of browser, not avast

1) We have release a new version yesterday. Please update your Avast manually from Settings
2) Browser automatically blocks popups (same as Chrome and other browser do)
3) If any popup is blocked you can see new yellow icon in the address bar on the right side. Please go to the icon and allow displaying popups for the website if you have not done it already. Then refresh the website which triggers the popup. next popup should be allowed and displayed on bank mode desktop.

I hope it will help.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »
Hello........I did not know the number of the old version.  Anyway, thank you, the bank mode works just fine now.......just like it use to.  The pop-up opened up on top of the bank mode window.  Again thank you.......