Author Topic: Several issues: notification icon... Avast not running !  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Francis33

Several issues: notification icon... Avast not running !
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »
Hi,

One of my computers runs with windows 10 pro. All was running well until the last engine update. Since this date, when the install process asks to restart the computer, Avast security suite couldn't finish the install process without any error. The result is: non avast icon in the notification zone. In the task manager I can see the Avast process running (32 bit mode under Win 10, 64 bits).

Actually by looking in my protected computer list in my avast account, I can read that:
1. The firewall is not running
2. The real time agents are not running

Actually, the avast icon can appear when the internet cable link is de-connected from the computer: the system cannot access to the web. When I connect this RJ45 internet cable, link to the adsl box, these behaviours appear.

I've tried to uninstall the program and try to re-install it after a manual download phase of the soft from avast web site. Same behaviour.

With the internet cable un-plugged, I have tried to scan the system at the start of the computer: nothing found.

On my avast account, the shield is yellow for this computer.

What's wrong with this computer and how to correct this?

Thank for your help to solve this issue,

Regards,

Francis

Offline Francis33

Re: Several issues: notification icon... Avast not running !
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »
Oups,

Big mystake: the computer I speak about, runs windows 8.1 pro and not win 10 pro: 64 bits processor is a good information.

Offline Jacques Fondaire

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
Bonjour,

Pourquoi posez-vous votre question en anglais sur ce site francophone qui fait partie de la NON-ENGLISH zone ?

Si vous souhaitez une réponse en anglais, je vous invite à poser votre requête dans la section anglophone.

Sincères salutations,

Offline Francis33

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
Salut à tous,

Ecrire en anglais devient un réflexe et, pour certains, une habitude difficile à contrôler.

Après une réinstalle propre: désinstallation du produit, nettoyage de la base de registre avec Ccleaner et redémarrage de l'ordinateur,  Avast fonctionne de nouveau avec tous ses agents actifs.

Reste, tout de même, un souci. Pourquoi subitement le produit réagit ainsi: mettre en veille un des agents, agent actions suspectes, alors que c'est l'un des plus importants....?

Merci aux lecteurs et à ceux qui m'ont apporté leur aide dans cette résolution..........  :-\

Offline Jacques Fondaire

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »
Bonjour,

Si, à l'avenir, vous préférez vous exprimer en anglais sur ce forum, vous pourrez le faire en passant par l'accueil.

En ce qui me concerne, je n'écris jamais en anglais...

Un des avantages du forum anglophone, c'est qu'il est plus fréquenté que les forums de la NON-ENGLISH zone, notamment par une partie du personnel d'Avast.

Sincères salutations,