Author Topic: Avast mystery notification sounds!  (Read 2850 times)

Offline soundandvision1234

Avast mystery notification sounds!
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for reading
Since the early hours of the morning i heard my s6 making a noise that ive not heard before. Its like a two tone ethereal sound that does not appear in any of the sounds list on the phone itself. As i was half sleeping hearing this i assumed it was nothing but it keep making the sound for the whole morning. My avast also flagged up not having chrome webshield enabled ( even though it was) and so i thought the sound was connected,but even after i had fixed that, it still kept playing. There were no notifications in the bar at the top, nothing. It was always accompanied by a weird bug thing that i couldnt figure out. The phone screen would flicker for a second and go very bright. Then go completley black. With a small x in the corner, like it was a popup. A few times i also saw a tiny avast logo with 'resolve security settings' underneath  on the black screen. Then back to normal.

This was happening when on the internet and when not. I noted a link between all this and connecting my charger, sometimes would happen together.

I am completely stumped and a little worried i might have picked up a virus. Can anyone shed some light or has experienced something similar?

Thanks very much

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: Avast mystery notification sounds!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »
Hi, my colleagues from Support would appreciate, if you could contact them on android@avast.com and help them investigate the issue, but generally it could be dealt with by:

- starting the phone to the save mode > wait, if the problem occurs again
- if not, great - the problem is not in the system or device, but caused by some app; then you just need to find out which one it is (which is exactly what the Support guys would like to help you with)

Offline Stop8

Re: Avast mystery notification sounds!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
You can disable your apps one at a time, if the problem happens again, start the last app disabled and disable another app.
Sometimes the long way round is the best.  Worth a try, but if you have a huge amount of apps it could take a while.   :(
To many years young and to old to care!

Avast Free.