Author Topic: New licensing in the beta channel  (Read 38704 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jiří Šamánek

• Avast team
  • Tester, computer enthusiast, gamer
Re: New licensing in the beta channel
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
I don't know about the others but I would like to have an option to extend my current license in any time.
That would be great (if possible). I second that.

Hi YLAP and Asyn,

Prolonging of licenses should already be possible in two ways:
1) using our in-app cart - for example if you click on "buy now" button then separate dialog appears, if you finish the purchase in this dialog and you buy same edition as you currently have, your license should be prolonged. (You can do this anytime, does not matter if only 1 day or 360 days are remaining in the license)
2) using our cart on web, but only when you are redirected from the application itself to the web (but again only purchase of same edition, if you purchase different edition it will be considered as upgrade and new license will be generated)

You can also buy license directly on our web, but that will not prolong your license

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
1) using our in-app cart - for example if you click on "buy now" button then separate dialog appears, if you finish the purchase in this dialog and you buy same edition as you currently have, your license should be prolonged. (You can do this anytime, does not matter if only 1 day or 360 days are remaining in the license)
2) using our cart on web, but only when you are redirected from the application itself to the web (but again only purchase of same edition, if you purchase different edition it will be considered as upgrade and new license will be generated)

Well I can't find either option 1 or option 2 here in any place. The only option I find inside the whole application is "Add activation code" No buttons or offers to "Buy now" on avast Premier with 400 days of subscription left. So I can't confirm your theory in practice :)

My main suggestion was if I use "Add activation code" inside the antivirus dialog and that code belongs to the same edition of avast I am using now, it prolonged the current subscription, not added the additional licence.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:23:13 PM by YLAP »

Offline Jiří Šamánek

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »
Hi YLAP,

I looked more into your issue and found out from my colleague, that some options in in-app cart were removed as they were too complicated and our users were not using them anyway.
Most users tend to click on targeted offers (toasters, banners and stuff) and buy the stuff we offer to them.
Also users with autorenewal enabled, buy the product and don't want to think about other purchases and stuff, so they leave it on "automatic"
Unfortunately in your case, if you wanted the license prolonged, you would need to contact our support and they could merge your licenses together
I will ask the product manager about your idea and we will see whether he likes it or not:)

Regards,
Jiri

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I will ask the product manager about your idea and we will see whether he likes it or not:)
Thanks Jiri, please keep us updated. :) Cheers.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jiří Šamánek

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »
Thanks Jiri, please keep us updated. :) Cheers.

So it should already be possible, but its just not currently set to behave this way (business decision).

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
So it should already be possible, but its just not currently set to behave this way (business decision).

Well, at least now I (we) know the answer. Thanks for clearing the skies  8) ;D

Offline Lano

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 01:04:58 AM »
Thank you, Petr. It looks like I'm also in good shape, then. :)

Hi Lano, thank you for your feedback too. It would be great if you will get back to this post and let us know what happened in time of the Free "expiration" (1st of May). This is one of the interesting scenario when something may go wrong.

You're welcome, Petr. I'll be watching for any changes around the first and report back here.

Hello. Today I received a pop-up that my license has expired, but the subscription page still shows active until 05/01/2017 (early warning system?). When I click the CONTINUE button to renew, I am told the online content is unavailable. Clicking the RELOAD button does nothing, and my internet connection is fine. I have not installed .2291 final and am still on .2291 BETA. Problem?

Offline Lano

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 03:05:37 AM »
Today the subscription page is blank. Shall I upgrade to .2292?

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
Hello.

I encountered problem with license activation.
I'm using avast Pro Antivirus Beta.

avast recognized 2-years license correctly before updating.
After updating 17.3.2291 to 17.4.2292, avast is changed to trial version.

I have never met with problem like this, so I think it is bug.

Offline TerraX

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 03:04:13 PM »
System reboot see screenshot Abo 1.
After inserting the license, see screenshot Abo 2.

TerraX
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:07:14 PM by TerraX »
Win10 64bit / Avast Premium Security / MBAM Free / Firefox ESR [NS/uBO] / Thunderbird / AOS/ASB

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »
Hi all, my first time using this forum, hope I am doing it correctly.

I am currently on Avast Free Antivirus program version 17.3.2291 (build 17.3.3443.0) on a Windows 10 64-bit computer. My free antivirus subscription is ending in 18 days. Under the Status page, it indicates that "Uh oh. Your license is about to expire. Renew". I clicked "Renew", which brings me to the page to select either Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security. I selected the free antivirus. The page will then ask me whether I would like to try the premium protection for 20-day trial and I would click "No, thanks". However at this point it will just go back to the Status page with no further prompts.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but when I reinstalled, they automatically detected by current subscription with 18 days left. Therefore I have been unable to request for a new license through the program.

I have tried going to https://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php to request for a free 1 year license. However, the license sent to my email is 27 characters long (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYY), while the place to insert subscription code (Settings - Subcription - Insert Activation Code) only allows for an 18 characters long code (XXXXXX-YYYYYY-ZZZZZZ).

I have been using Avast Free Antivirus for years and this is the first time I had such an issue.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
Today I received a pop-up that my license has expired...
When I click the CONTINUE button to renew, I am told the online content is unavailable.
I have tried going to https://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php to request for a free 1 year license. However, the license sent to my email is 27 characters long (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYY), while the place to insert subscription code (Settings - Subcription - Insert Activation Code) only allows for an 18 characters long code (XXXXXX-YYYYYY-ZZZZZZ).
Hello, I have both these problems, who knows what to do with it?

Offline Jindra Kosek

• Avast team
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »
Today I received a pop-up that my license has expired...
When I click the CONTINUE button to renew, I am told the online content is unavailable.
Hello, I have both these problems, who knows what to do with it?
Hi, we are working on a fix, you can wait until the problem is resolved and released for beta channel or you must wait until your license expired and activate/renew again.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »
Having Avast Renewal Problems, told to post it here, though likely fruitlessly:

When I try to click on the renewal link on the main page, it pops up with a window that says, for the last two days:

The online content is unavailable.

Also, when clicking on the Register Now button in the Subscription settings, I get the same error.

What am I supposed to do to re-register?

Program Version: 17.4.2294 (build 17.4.3482.0)
Virus Definitions Version: 170505-4