Author Topic: New licensing in the beta channel  (Read 38864 times)

REDACTED

Re: New licensing in the beta channel
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
Hello Avast team,

I encountered license issues in Avast Premier.
It says my license expired even in web browser I checked it's still valid for next year.

To who can I speak to provide more details?

Thanks.
Lukasz

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 07:02:05 AM »
Just an update of how my issue got resolved.

I waited till my free license has expired and then proceeded to activate it again. The Avast interface still show the same problems, where they prompt you to choose between Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security. After selecting the free antivirus and selecting 'No, thanks' to the premium protection 20-day trial, it will just go back to the Status page with no further prompts.

However a few seconds later they reactivated my license for Avast Free Antivirus for another 365 days!

So basically, you would have to wait until your free license has expired before you reactivate it for another year of free antivirus.

Hope it helps!

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
Look I'm a total idiot when it comes to all these different terms and definitions but maybe something here can help me? https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=202531.0

Offline Jindra Kosek

• Avast team
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »
Look I'm a total idiot when it comes to all these different terms and definitions but maybe something here can help me? https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=202531.0

Can you please send me logs gathered via Support tool https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB33

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
Hi, I'm using Avast free version and I noticed the license is expiring with only 11 days left. I clicked renew some days ago not knowing that it didn't actually renew my license, and now when I opened avast up again it still says that I need to renew. I did, and then I chose the free version, followed by a thank you message for activating and a loyalty reward promo that only has a button to upgrade, so I closed it.

But my license is not renewing, why is this? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 09:56:31 PM »
See Reply #32.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »

I waited till my free license has expired and then proceeded to activate it again. The Avast interface still show the same problems, where they prompt you to choose between Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security. After selecting the free antivirus and selecting 'No, thanks' to the premium protection 20-day trial, it will just go back to the Status page with no further prompts.

However a few seconds later they reactivated my license for Avast Free Antivirus for another 365 days!

So basically, you would have to wait until your free license has expired before you reactivate it for another year of free antivirus.

Hope it helps!

This has helped coz I have the same issue. It just makes me anxious risking not having any protection, even if it's for a second or two because of the time difference of where I am and where Avast is.

Offline Jindra Kosek

• Avast team
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
This has helped coz I have the same issue. It just makes me anxious risking not having any protection, even if it's for a second or two because of the time difference of where I am and where Avast is.

Hi, you will be still protected. After Avast Free is expired, all free components are still working and protecting your PC.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »

Hope it helps!

Hi, do you have the beta version?