Author Topic: I have been charged for Avast Security Software Im not using  (Read 5613 times)

REDACTED

I have been charged for Avast Security Software Im not using
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »
Hello,
Last year I signed up for a trial period giving my bank details to Avast. After a few days I deleted the security program because of the constant pop-ups and reverted to free Avg. After a month or so I noticed I had been deducted an amount by digital river...associated with Avast. I called Avast immediately to try to get a refund telling them I wasnt using the product. They declined despite me never having a licence key for the product.

Now, 1 year later I have had another bill for the same product...which again I have not been using and have never recieved a product key for. Avast should have a record of this and should see I have never activated a product, or used any product key with them. I am finding it very difficult to contact and get a reply from avast and am very unhappy with the duplicated charging from them despite my attempts to cancel last year. I am very angry with Avast and want this issue solved as soon as possible. How do I contact Avast to sort this matter.  Please help. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:30:09 AM by creativejla »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: I have been charged for Avast Security Software Im not using
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »
Thank you for that...Very useful link. How quickly does Avast reply to tickets...because Avast is difficult to contact and find a resolution via the telephone. Is the 30 money back guarantee absolutely watertight...and how long does it take to be put back in my account. Thanks, Jonathan.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »
Support tickets are generally dealt with within 1-5 business days, some can take a little more depending on numbers. But if you submit your refund request within that 30 day period, your request will be carried out even if it takes a little longer to deal with.

I can't say how long it takes to get the refund back in your account, that would depend on what medium of payment was. If a bank transfer then cleared funds in your account would take a little longer.

I suggest that you remove your email from your first post, this is a publicly avail web forum and your email could be harvested and added to spam lists.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:18 AM »
Thank you for that...Very useful link.
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
Hello again,

I have been trying to get hold of the issue with Avast...but have had no reply. I stopped the payment from the Bank, but Avast used my back up card to withdraw the money from my account. I tried to get a refund for an over charge in 2016 and also cancel any contract I had with avast in 2016...but the billing has stayed on my account in 2017.

Please help...how do I contact Avast to resolve this matter. I used thier product for a few days during a trial period in 2016 and have not used it since. I have not activated a licence key for this product or had this product on my laptop after I ceased using it during very brief trial period. Is there a direct contact number to contact Avast on?

Please Help!

Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »
Did you submit a support ticket as outlined in the FAQ link that you felt was very useful ?
If so what was the support ticket ID number (and we will try to push it) ?

Bank payments tend to take a little longer before funds are cleared. Though by having the bank stop the payment may well have further complicated the matter as your support ticket would have been the initial bank payment.

We have given the method used to contact avast relating to refunds they have to go through the support ticket system (which are handled in FIFO order). It would probably have been better to get back to the topic (as you are now) and we would have tried to push it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 12:34:18 PM »
Thanks for reply. I meant useful as in I thought it was a direct way to get in touch, which it wasnt. I have submitted a ticket but have had no reply.

I dont understand how my support ticket would have been the intitial bank payment?

I stopped a payment from the first bank through paypal ...but they went to my reserve card bank account and are attempting to withdraw the funds.

Please could you push this issue with Avast...There is no reason why you could not push the issue still. I dont understand your comment that you couldnt...All I am requesting is for no funds to be withdrawn from my accounts because I have not used the product apart from a few days in 2016 and have been charged twice in 2 years.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
Please can you give me a direct uk contact telephone number to resolve the issue. Thanks, Jonathan.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Can you tell me how to find the support ticket number...I have looked at my account I made with Avast to resolve the issue...but there is no record of it...where do I find it .

Thanks, Jonathan.

I have been on this since 8.30 this morning it is now 12.45 pm and would like it resolved today.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
Thanks for reply. I meant useful as in I thought it was a direct way to get in touch, which it wasnt. I have submitted a ticket but have had no reply.

I dont understand how my support ticket would have been the intitial bank payment?

I stopped a payment from the first bank through paypal ...but they went to my reserve card bank account and are attempting to withdraw the funds.

Please could you push this issue with Avast...There is no reason why you could not push the issue still. I dont understand your comment that you couldnt...All I am requesting is for no funds to be withdrawn from my accounts because I have not used the product apart from a few days in 2016 and have been charged twice in 2 years.

1. If you have a support ticket, then surely you should have access to its ID number.

2. Simply my confusion, it was my impression that you created a ticket related to your bank. I also got the impression that you had two payments, one that you had stopped by your bank and a second payment collected on your other payment method (card).

3. I am an avast user just like yourself - I can't push it without information, namely the ticket ID number. When you first used it there must have been a payment instruction made and also an auto renewal to take payments every year until cancelled.

Please can you give me a direct uk contact telephone number to resolve the issue. Thanks, Jonathan.

There isn't a direct telephone number, that is why we pointed you at the support ticket info.

Can you tell me how to find the support ticket number...I have looked at my account I made with Avast to resolve the issue...but there is no record of it...where do I find it .

Thanks, Jonathan.

I have been on this since 8.30 this morning it is now 12.45 pm and would like it resolved today.

1. When you created a support ticket it should have given an ID number. I have never had to use the support ticket system, so I don't know if you would also get an email with the ticked ID and a link to get back to the ticket you created.

2. Even if you had given us a ticket ID number and we try to push that forward I doubt it could be resolved today.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »
I changed my email 6 months ago. The email Avast had registered with me does not exist anymore. I let all my contacts know I was changing address apart from Avast as I didnt realise it was necessary to forward my mail address to a company I wasn't connected with.

With that is mind....How do I contact Avast without that email address?...How do I resolve this issue?...How do I get my money back?..How do I stop Avast withdrawing money from my account?

You help is gratefully accepted. Could you please tell me how to go about the process and give me some specific answers.

With Respect,

Jonathan Adams.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 04:32:14 PM »
You help is gratefully accepted. Could you please tell me how to go about the process and give me some specific answers.
You contact avast using the ticket system and they will (should) reply  >>  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
I have been trying but I have had no reply or acknowledgement on either email from the time I posted a ticket. What alternative means are there to contact Avast? I would like to contact Avast as soon as possible...please can you help me find an alternative resolution method to this issue. Thanks, Jonathan.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:53 PM »
I have been trying but I have had no reply or acknowledgement on either email from the time I posted a ticket.
have you checked your mail account spam filter?