Author Topic: I have been charged for Avast Security Software Im not using  (Read 5661 times)

REDACTED

Re: I have been charged for Avast Security Software Im not using
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
Thank you for your input...but it was the first thing I have been checking.

Can someone please give me an alternative method to contact Avast to escalate the issue to a resolution. I repeat, I have not heard anything via email as acknowledgement of reciept of a ticket.

Please could someone tell me further avenues to persue if I want to escalate the issue. (please do not mention anything that concerns a ticket) I would like to know which direct departments I can contact within Avast and contact numbers. Thanks, Jonathan.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »
have reported your post to avast, so be patient and see if you get any responce here    ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »
Thank you.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »
I repeat, I have not heard anything via email as acknowledgement of reciept of a ticket.

I was not able to find any ticket in our system. Please contact us using the form at https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=2
Unfortunately I cannot help you here as I cannot find your license (nor the charge) either :/

EDIT: If there is a chargeback in either Paypal or through your bank,  I am afraid that we won't be able to do much, but please send us the details to check the status of the order
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:32:06 PM by moroni »

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 06:15:31 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

That doesnt sound like good news! Evidence of charge etc. The charge made in 2016 I do not have a transaction Id ...but for this years charge the id  is as follows:Transaction ID: 6XC62957BA522440A  requested bu Digital River. Please investigate this as soon as you can.

Please could you tell me what details you require re: edit

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
Please enter the "Invoice ID" from Paypal (not transaction ID) in the field "Order ID" to create the ticket.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
You stated there was no evidence of any transaction/charge etc. You also suggested you could not help if that was the case...I have provided evidence of a transaction id and would like you to look into it further to resolve the issue. I am not prepared to write another 'ticket' as I have had no response from the first ticket I wrote. I filled in the ticket as it was meant to be filled out but have not had a response.

I have been on this forum since 8.30 am GMT until now...which is 19.18. I would like someone to take this case in hand and resolve it as soon as possible and contact me directly at  my email address so I we can discuss this issue.

Please acknowledge you have evidence of the charge and licence from the information I have given you.

Please also respond to the second question in my mail regarding your edit.

Thank you,

Jonathan.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
creativejla,

I understand what you are saying but there is no record of any ticket created by you in our systems.
If you want us to investigate your case, please create the ticket using the link in my previous reply indicating us the details of your charge. Be aware that Paypal's transaction IDs are not relevant to us, and we need either the invoice ID or the original email address you registered your order under.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »

Invoice ID: 17369102600

How quickly will this be resolved if I submit another ticket?
Thanks,

Jonathan.

ps would it not be easier to contact me directly please. Please give me your direct email address so I can pass on my number.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
Thank you!

I just refunded the order 17369102600 (GBP 39.99 to your Paypal). Please note that it may take few days to reach your account (although with Paypal is quite fast).

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 09:10:25 PM »
It is not the paypal account I need the funds returned to, as I stopped that. It is the secondary account card...ending 4415. I would like the funds returned to that account.

Could you please acknowledge I have never activated a licence key for this product from the date I deleted the software from my laptop.

Thanks,

Jonathan.