Author Topic: False Random Avast Mobile Security Alarms Going Off!  (Read 147 times)

Offline Jim221

False Random Avast Mobile Security Alarms Going Off!
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »
Installed Avast Mobile Security Suite 6 months ago with no problems.

Only in past month (with no new software apps installed over same time problem started), did Avast lock-out my phone with the Siren & message, "Your Phone has been Lost or Stolen".  VERY Annoyed the first time, but today (4 weeks after the first time) it happened again. 
  • First time, the phone was sitting next t to me on my desk.
  • Today (3/17/17) I was in the middle of texting in my home location, when phone locked with siren

After I have a chance to grab my wits about me (with siren blaring in my ears), throw the phone in my office drawer after my secretary comes rushing in to see what's going on, I then find my Avast log in and De-Activated the Siren Warning.

Avast Support has been responsive, but completely useless!  After receiving emails that Avast cannot find a record of my license in their system, I email them Screenshots of my Avast log-in details for my Account and my phone.

NO word back.  Anyone else having Avast Mobile Security go completely haywire & lock them out of their phones?

This is B.S. & completely unacceptable for a security firm.

Jim M

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
Re: False Random Avast Mobile Security Alarms Going Off!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:30 PM »
Hi, could you please write me the number of your ticket, so that we can find it and see why it was not replied to? Would be really appreciated, thanks.

Anyway, if you need to find out "what is going on in there", here is the step-by-step for My Avast Account:

- click on the device that locked itself
- click on ""Info""
- click on ""Notifications"" in the upper part of the screen

Now right there you should see all the notifications coming from the Anti-Theft. From them you should be able to say why actually the Avast Anti-Theft locked the phone (change of SIM, or any other reason).