Author Topic: IDp.Generic swallowed my logonscript.bat  (Read 5932 times)

REDACTED

IDp.Generic swallowed my logonscript.bat
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
It's quite remarkable for avast to quarantine a file on a share it doesn't have delete NTFS permissions to, however, Avast quarantined that file (to the Virus Chest) a week ago, off the \\domaincontroller\netlogon share, and will not restore it..  I've tried multiple times to restore the file.  As well, I've tried to extract it from the client that quarantined this file (according to the Business Console), and it won't save it locally.

I need help getting this batch file back as I don't have a recent backup of it (yes, I've corrected mistake in the backup selections already), but need the file back, please).

I'm not even going to ask why it quarantined that file, since it hasnt changed in months, and has been around for years.  Obviously, the virus Definitions changed, and there's some match to your current (or previous) virus definitions.

How can I get my file back?

AAWC

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: IDp.Generic swallowed my logonscript.bat
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:30:41 PM »
You can report a suspected FP here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
Dear Asyn,

Please read my post more thoroughly...  If I had my file to post, I might do it...  instead of just adding an exclusion to the product and calling it a day.  And P.S. I've gone down that road before and finally gave up on asking Avast to fix a problem in their definitions.  However, I can't post a file to The Avast website when I can't get my file back from the Virus Chest.

I know this sounds simple, but I want to get my file out of the Virus Chest...  AND IT WONT LET ME.

Please help me get my file out of the Virus Chest.

AAWC

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »
Report it from the chest then.
Using the Virus Chest: https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB21
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:43 AM »
Thanks for the URL, but I'm not stupid...  Ive already tried all that...  (Report it from the chest, Restore it from the Chest, Restore it from the Business Console, etc)

I believe the program is not working correctly.  Which is why I bugged the forums to begin with.  I've even tried to restore the file from the AVG Web Business Console.

How do I get my file back?  It has to be stored somewhere on the client...

AAWC

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:21 AM »
I'm having a similar issue, although not with a .bat file. I've got whole folders being ignored by the exclusions list and its putting the .exe files into the chest then it wont restore them. Restoring locally produces no errors however it doesn't complete because nothing is put back. Restoring from the cloud console produces a generic "Error" for any file that I try to restore.

Offline Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
Our network installation .bat file also ended up being quarantined when it hit a particular PC.  From that point on, I stopped getting requests for new machines waiting to be activated.  Once I restored the .bat file, from the "Virus Chest" activation requests started happening again.   My suspicion is this particular PC had an issue, that did not want AVAST to be installed, just somehow triggered the .bat file to be quarantined.  If that is true, pretty interesting - but of course it is only a theory.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:42:34 PM by Mike B. »

Offline Manley

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »
Yep, these false positive issues continue with this new Avast client version. I created a batch file on a computer, and Avast is destroying it every single time. And this is after I added exclusions to the local Avast profile. The batch file is swallowed up by IDP.Generic.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 11:46:01 PM »
In your console try setting an exclusion, or test with behavior shield disabled.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay