Author Topic: IMEI not showing in my avast!  (Read 2820 times)

REDACTED

IMEI not showing in my avast!
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
Hi,
I have had to do a factory reset on my phone after nougat was installed on my phone. Since then I have had issues with my phone connecting to my avast!. However, after a number of uninstalls and installs and deleting my device from my account it's is now registered in my avast!. however the IMEI is not showing and although I have a premium license and it show's this, it doesn't show whether it's valid and the date, like my other devices. Does anyone know why this data isn't showing up in my avast!? I have disconnected my account and reconnected and the last communication changes but the IMEI details still doesn't update. help . txs

Does Anti theft work with nougat? has nougat amend some permission that needs to be set? I allowed all the permission the anti theft asked for when I reinstalled it.

I've used this product for years and think it's great but I'm finding support not so forth coming and may had to consider changing to another application. 

REDACTED

Re: IMEI not showing in my avast!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
Ninja,  I have pretty much similar complaints -- after changing OS/and/or devices...

Many features no longer work as they used to -- I think that this is because Android OS/Google is tightening the access of these for security reasons.

What I do know is, that for all my devices that are 'rooted' -- all features do still work ...

Offline JASAmigan

Re: IMEI not showing in my avast!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:38:16 AM »
I have a similar issue, but I think it's because after my old phone died (a Samsung Galaxy Note 4), I got a new Note 4 identical to the old one and just switched the SIM card out of the old phone and into the new one. Avast apparently realizes I have a new phone, because it says it last communicated with that phone over a month ago and it shows the IMEI of the old phone (which I suppose is the correct number), but the listing for the new phone simply says "N/A". The problem is, I'm afraid to remove the old phone from my device list for fear that my new phone will be considered lost or stolen and become inoperable. My phone is my life. I cannot afford to allow this to happen. Is this a legitimate concern? Is there some way to post the IMEI of my new phone to my Avast account?