Author Topic: Forgot my "settings"-password (to change settings)  (Read 3822 times)

REDACTED

Forgot my "settings"-password (to change settings)
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:23:54 AM »
Hello,

i'm using the newest version of avast free antivrus on a windows 10 pc.

i have set an password, so that when i want to open the settings i need to type that one in. also when i deinstall avast.

But luckely i deleted 3 symbols of the password. It was on mircosoft's sticky note app.

I didn't find anything under support and the 24/7 hotline is only for premium users. Does anybody know what i could do? Couldn't i just delete the files under windows - programm files? for that i could use secure eraser.

I'm looking forward to an quick answer couse for some reason i deactivated all features :/

Greetings
Darren_13

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Forgot my "settings"-password (to change settings)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:51:01 PM »
In your situation you can un-install either from safe mode or you can use avastclear from here https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

REDACTED

Password Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:28:23 PM »
I changed my password and when I go to login, the old password is stored so I can't get into the account. I was sent instructions on going into settings to repair the account but it also needs the old password. I have no access.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:15:24 PM »
Could you be more specific which settings you have protected by password? Are those avast settings or some system kind of protection?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 12:51:27 AM »
I'm having a similar problem. I can't use my avast scan without being promped for a password, neither can I get access to my settings and various other features. No matter what Password I use it's never the right one. I'm locked out of my own avast!! I can log in to my account but that's all. Plus, parts of my avast are in Japanese!! What the hell's going on and what can be done????>:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »
Your problem has nothing to do with the avast password tool.