Author Topic: What happens if!  (Read 76793 times)

Walker

Re:What happens if!
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2004, 11:35:32 PM »
Thanks Techie,

I wonder what Vlk's 'parallel' theory was?. He seemed to throw that in an then dissappear  ???

Well done for sticking in there Techie, have a 'k'  ;)

W.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2004, 05:47:04 PM »
Just to tell you: when I tried Pegasus one month ago, I could not receive or send mail with avast! and Spamihilator. I did a throughly test run: on and off a lot of things (applications, firewall, ports, pop and smtp server, etc...) Nothing happens... I give up - for a while - about testing Pegasus, which seems to be quite a good email client anyway, with a lot of features. Unfortunatelly, for me, not compatible with avast and Spamihilator.
The best things in life are free.

Walker

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2004, 06:13:15 PM »
Hi Technical,

Basically, Pegasus will work just as well as any e-mail client with Avast.. there are a few of us on the forum using the combination successfully.

Your setup (I think) is a little bit more complex  :) (with Spamhilator etc). Sorry I know nothing about Spamhilator, I use Pegasus's built in spam filter functions.

The manual configeration settings in Avasts help files are correct for a basic setup and should work  :-\

Mind, we're getting a bit off topic, so perhaps I should get back to waiting for Pavel for his next suggestion on the support issue ;)

Take care,
Walker.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 06:14:35 PM by Walker »

techie101

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2004, 12:07:44 AM »
Technical,

Pegasus as a stand alone program works fine.  In conunction with Avast, we have found that in general it performs admirably.
However, as has been shown, there is a problem when Pegasus and Avast are used as in a configuration of multiple accounts, such as Walker's setup.

Compounding the issue, is Pegasus is no longer under development.

Hopefully, we can get help from somewhere?  Now where might that be?  ???

techie
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 12:08:50 AM by techie101 »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2004, 12:27:15 AM »
Hopefully, we can get help from somewhere?  Now where might that be?

Now that will be from vojtech who's responsible for solving the issue. He's coming back to work tomorrow, after a 2-week holidays (hence the minor lapse in communication.)...

Vlk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 01:30:47 AM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Walker

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2004, 01:21:11 AM »
Now that will be from vojtech who's responsible for solving the issue. He's coming to back work tomorrow, after a 2-week holidays (hence the minor lapse in communication.)...

Vlk

Vlk,

But why, OH WHY, couldn't someone say this earlier?? ?? and why do you throw in you parallel comment and never reply??

I like Techie am bemused !!

Walker.

techie101

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2004, 06:28:20 AM »
that will be from vojtech who's responsible for solving the issue. He's coming back to work tomorrow, after a 2-week holidays
Well VLK, that will be just dandy.  Will Voj at least contact Walker or me to let us know that he is working on the issue, or will we be kept in suspense for who knows how long?

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but I myself have sent you 2 IM-mails without response.  WE Users cannot get to Voj or anyone else on the development team but you can!  That is what Walker and I are trying to make clear.  Ok?

techie

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2004, 01:19:21 PM »
I myself have sent you 2 IM-mails without response.

Vlk, must I be happy or unhappy to not be the only one who sends you IM without answer?  ;D Anyway, you may receive tons of IM by day and I understand you  8)

Folks, wait a little: we are on holidays season. Vojtech earns his vacation  ;)
Sometimes I have to learn to be patient too... Igor knows  :-\

techie101

« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2004, 04:28:41 PM »
must I be happy or unhappy to not be the only one who sends you IM without answer?  ;D
You too!

Folks, wait a little: we are on holidays season. Vojtech earns his vacation  ;)
I understand that Technical, but this problem has been around far longer than "holidays".

Sometimes I have to learn to be patient too... Igor knows  :-\
Walker and I have been patient as have others who have not gotten support answers.  We volunteers spend hours upon hours here on the forum trying to fix Avast.  Don't you think that the Avast Team should now fix itself~!  When a customer pays for a product, you provide email support!  Sometimes freeware versions have to wait behind the payers, or use a forum exclusively, but this is not the case here!

All we are asking for is cooperation, nothing more.

Later my friend,
techie
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 04:29:40 PM by techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2004, 07:12:10 PM »
Techie, I could neither remove not add just one word in your last post. You are absolutely right in my opinion. Maybe, how can I say without being unfare, someday, we can be 'better' recognized and receive a fast help as we are used to provide to the others... Anyway, the user who pays for avast - and in the help file is said that it gives support for Pegasus Mail - has the right to be supported, hasn't he?  :-\

Of course, just for avast! team thinking. This is not suppose to be a complaint or claim and hopping I will not misunderstood by avast team  8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2004, 05:34:06 PM »
Just wanted to say that vojtech is now in contact with Walker via e-mail (a bit more convenient than the forum) - just to make sure you guys know that we're not ignoring this topic again.... :-\

Thanks for the heads up,
Vlk

Walker

Vlk
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2004, 05:39:49 PM »
Just wanted to say that vojtech is now in contact with Walker via e-mail

Hey Vlk.. get off of my cloud  :P. Read here, last message first page:-

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2194;start=0

Walker.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 05:46:07 PM by Walker »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2004, 05:51:36 PM »
Gee, will this thread ever end...? :P :)

techie101

« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2004, 01:02:55 AM »
Gee, will this thread ever end...? :P :)
Only if the Avast team really wants it too!

;D

Ogw

« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2004, 05:55:29 PM »
i found this forum searching for pegasus mail, is it truth that it will not more being supported and the application will finish? this is a long story of you but i could not found an answer for this. you seem to know a lot!