Author Topic: Avast putting "SUSPECT" in subject lines  (Read 5300 times)

dreadmonkey

Avast putting "SUSPECT" in subject lines
« on: March 15, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
I am new to Avast ADNM and to the forum. Here is what I am finding at a client site. I didn't set up the server, inherited work

Server2003 SP1
Exchange 2003
Email being retrieved by popbeamer (pop3 email retriever) from webhost
ADNM Console
Avast Pro on 30+ systems

When users are sending email to multiple people, avast is listing the email "SUSPECT" in the subject line. This also goes the same in the opposite direction, users are reporting that when email are addressed to more than a few people avast does the same thing.

Another issue. Email seem to be getting dropped. From the outside, emails sent to more than one user in the domain not all are receiving the email.

I am still trying to get used to the adnm console and how it works. I have been RTFM, but so far I haven't found my answers.

Thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated

dreadmonkey

dreadmonkey

Re: Avast putting "SUSPECT" in subject lines
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »
does anyone have any ideas?

dreadmonkey

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast putting "SUSPECT" in subject lines
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »
When users are sending email to multiple people, avast is listing the email "SUSPECT" in the subject line. This also goes the same in the opposite direction, users are reporting that when email are addressed to more than a few people avast does the same thing.
Just configure the Heuristic tab of settings of your avast email provider/plugin.

Another issue. Email seem to be getting dropped. From the outside, emails sent to more than one user in the domain not all are receiving the email.
But is the email receive at least by 'one' user?
The best things in life are free.