Author Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add "IGNORE" option to the Virus Warning dialogue  (Read 1188 times)

REDACTED

I've encounter many times where avast finds a false detection and It keeps on coming up with the Virus warning message Which is very annoying When you have to move the false positive to the Virus chest then restoring it and adding an exclusion (Sometimes it fails to move the false positive to the chest and it's stuck there with the Popup) This is message to the developers PLEASE ADD A BUTTON "IGNORE & ADD TO EXCLUSIONS FOR THE VIRUS WARNING"

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
This has been asked for on many occasions and avast haven't included as the risk of accidental use could have serious consequences. Avast consider that exclusions should be a deliberate act, so no accidental use. For those that are sent to the virus chest there is a single action (in the later avast versions) to restore and exclude in one action. I'm an avast user not an avast employee, but I do agree with their looking after the less experienced user.

For those that aren't sent to the virus chest, it rather depends on what they are, what your settings are and what the detection is.

THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
why not send file to avast lab so detection can be fixed  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438