Author Topic: AMS junk cleaner deleted all my important videos and Pictures  (Read 4895 times)

REDACTED

Are you guys serious? You already have a separate cleanup app, then why you added the stupid RAM and JUNK cleaner in the main AV app? They are not related to security at all. Now Avast feels like some cheap Chinese AV app. It was my fault I tried the crappy junk cleaner and now all my important videos and images are gone.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:37:02 PM by -Malware- »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: AMS junk cleaner deleted all my important videos and Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
Hi, our apologies - the app should not be able to delete anything else but cache, but recently a few other users have reported similar accidents, so we are working on it. It would be helpful, if you could write us, which app created or acquired the files (e.g. an instant messenger, photo editor, etc.) and if that app was installed at the time that your files were deleted. Thanks.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
I have a similar issue with my mp3 files transferred from pc to mobile.

The method of transfer does not matter, as it affects both via usb transfer, or a sync via cloud app like Mega.

To add on, I transferred the mp3 files for both instances to the internal storage of the phone. The folder transferred to does not make a difference.

Thanks.

Offline Cimba

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
If they already must have such ram and junk removal tools (maybe, somone like that), than it where a fine idea, that I can switch off these modules, when I don't want to have these.

And because of the RAM module: I would think it would be better if there was a list, which apps Avast wants to kill and an option to individuall kill single apps (or leave singel apps) before the RAM is cleaned.
Windows 8.1.1 64bit, AVAST Free (jeweils aktuellste Version), Firefox ESR (aktuellste Version), Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4978

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
Hi, thanks for your suggestions, they have been forwarded to the developers.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:31 AM »
Good morning all, I had a similar problem.
I launched the feature integrated in Avast Mobile Security for the junk files cleaning, that proceeded straightly to the cleaning, without reporting me the list of files that were going to be erased and without prompting me to remove them.
Unfortunately, the cleaning action deleted also some important files of mine (I remember I created a folder named Temp in the internal memory of my phone, where I stored some important files: for sure, this folder has been removed during the cleaning).
There is a way to know the list of files that have been removed or the kind of files that the program decides by itself to delete?
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
See reply #3 and #4