Author Topic: Firewall always asks for same program  (Read 2627 times)

REDACTED

Firewall always asks for same program
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:24:33 AM »
Hello, I would appreciate if anyone has a solution or work around for this issue I am having.

The program that made me finally post about this (though it happens to many others) is private internet access (rubyw.exe)
I have the FW set to ask for each new connection and normally it is fine but it likes to ask for PIA each time I start it. I believe the firewall judges the need to ask based on location or each new .exe and it seems rubyw.exe is created each time you start PIA.

Question is: Is there a way to make the firewall allow rubyw.exe by name alone? or some way to make it not ask each time whilst leaving the general setting to 'ask'?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Firewall always asks for same program
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 12:42:20 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:24 AM »
Yes, PIA nor it's rubyw.exe show up under new application rules or anywhere in there and selecting it myself would obviously change nothing.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:02:10 PM »
Guess there is nothing? Just another reason to not renew Avast I guess =[

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »
Guess there is nothing? Just another reason to not renew Avast I guess =[
You could contact avast support  >>  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

Or dropp the firewall and use the builtin Win firewall

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »
Hello, I would appreciate if anyone has a solution or work around for this issue I am having.

The program that made me finally post about this (though it happens to many others) is private internet access (rubyw.exe)
I have the FW set to ask for each new connection and normally it is fine but it likes to ask for PIA each time I start it. I believe the firewall judges the need to ask based on location or each new .exe and it seems rubyw.exe is created each time you start PIA.

Question is: Is there a way to make the firewall allow rubyw.exe by name alone? or some way to make it not ask each time whilst leaving the general setting to 'ask'?
same problem here mate
this happend to me for chrome.exe and leauge of legends game