Poll

Which Avast download do I need

Recommended Avast type I need
0 (0%)
Help me locate proper Avast download
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: antivirus  (Read 2428 times)

zephyrs

antivirus
« on: March 16, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
Which Avast antivirus should I get?  I just have a home computer and it is not for doing business.
Thanks.
            Debby

compmanio36

Re: antivirus
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:53:30 PM »
I would definately get Avast Home right now.......it is free, and should be more than enough protection to keep you virus free!  If for whatever reason you wanted to upgrade to Pro later on, then you could do that.

mike6688

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:09:02 PM »
The home version of Avast is free and will provide sufficient antivirus protection for most peoples needs.

However, if you prefer to have scheduled scanning, script blocking, enhanced user interface, and push updates then the pro version is for you.

You can compare the features by looking at the links (first link=Avast! Home and second link=Avast! Professional) below:

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_professional.html

Mike
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 09:18:15 PM by mike6688 »

mauserme

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 01:17:42 AM »
Hi zephyrs.  Welcome to the forums.

compmanio36 & mike6688 are right about the free version being sufficient.  So give it a try for a while and if you like it as much as the rest of us do and you would like to

be able to schedule scans

have the script blocking available only in the professional version

support an excellent anti-virus product so you can continue to enjoy the protection it
     gives

then purchase the pro version.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »
Or you can download the Pro Trial version for a 60 day unrestricted trial and see what you feel, after 60 days you can either purchase the pro License or register on line for the free Home version and enter the free Home registration key that you will be sent by email. This will downgrade the Pro trial to the home version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security