Author Topic: help -  (Read 3301 times)

handza

help -
« on: March 16, 2006, 10:45:26 PM »
Hi, i'm new here, sorry if there's already topic about thi problem. i've been using avast 4 home for a while and everything was fine.

But, now i can't access main window. Seems that on-access scanner is workin properly, but during the "testin operating memory and startup items" phase i get message: "unknown error. Storage cannot be created for the "Splash" task"; followed by: "Configuration is not loaded properly. Error: dbsCreateObject"; again followed by: "program cannot save parameters to the storage!(Error: dbsCreateObject)". Never had any problem so i don't know what to do.  ??? ??? ???

Please help as soon as possible. THX a lot

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: help -
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:54:48 PM »
Right click the Avast icon - select programme settings  - select troubleshooting - place a tick in use xml storeage instead of odbc  reboot.  Then try again this should cure it.  Welcome to the forums 

handza

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 11:24:19 PM »
not working  :(
when i click on program settings it doesn't do anything. i tried other options (eg. set/change password), they open properly. is there some other way to access these options?

i forgot, these problems started when some trojan was found. i tried to delete it straight away, without moving it to the chest, although it was recommended. could this be the problem?

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »

Welcome to the forums, handza.    :)

That might depend on the trojan and where it was found. Do you remember?

You might also try a repair of avast. You must be on-line to do this.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > select avast on the list > click Change/Remove > scroll to Repair and click > Ok > and follow directions. When the repair is finished, restart your computer.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:17:21 AM »
You can also manually edit the avast4.ini file (using a text editor) and change database=odbc to database=xml, this is in the [Common] section, if you can't get into the program Settings mentioned above.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

handza

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »
Thanks a lot guys. For welcome and for help. it is working now after i changed database to xml (avast4.ini file - manually), so special thanks to DavidR  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 12:07:24 AM »
Glad we could help, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

vikrant

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 12:40:08 AM »
Hi Great guys

I am wondering, if any one can help me solving the red colored alert box stating a serious problem has occured and to get more info. When clicked on it the following message box appears.
Information about current update
Cannot connect to download38.avast.com
(unknown:80)
Total time 43:07

Thank you very much
Vikrant

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 12:51:23 AM »
Hi vikrant,

Welcome to the forums, we would be happy to help but you should put this in its own Topic (click the New Topic at the top of the Forum list) as it isn't related to the current topic. This just causes confusion when dealing with different problems in a topic.

There are a couple of things it could be so it might take more than a simple answer, so it would be best that you create your own topic, see you there.