Author Topic: Got black screen with Lock Apps service on Avast Security Pro.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Rodrigo Gatica

I got a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro with MIUI v8 and Android 7.0, when i use the Lock App service on any app i want to protect, that app becomes only a black screen. This happen since MIUI 7 and android 5.5.

In the past i have sended this "bug" to Avast support but the problem is still present. I don't know if this happens on other devices but its quite annoying because this is a PRO feature but i cant use it.

Is there a way to fix this? And how have you done it?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Got black screen with Lock Apps service on Avast Security Pro.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
First I would recommend you to clear the app data: go to "Android Settings→Applications→Avast Mobile Security→Delete cache and user data". If it does not help, you can try to reinstall the app. Please let me know, if the problem persists.

Offline Rodrigo Gatica

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
Hi Teresa.

The problem still there. I even have reinstalled the rom and then the app but the black screen still there. I guess this maybe is an issue with MIUI based roms. MIUI already have an app lock service built in it, i disabled it to try avast's and... black screen again.

I am out of ideas. Since i bought avast mobile i wasn't able to use this feature.

:-\

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »
Hi, we got some advice from the developers: go to Xiaomi security app -> Permissions -> Other permissions -> Avast Mobile Security -> Display pop-up window -> Accept. It should help ;)

Offline Rodrigo Gatica

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
Hi, we got some advice from the developers: go to Xiaomi security app -> Permissions -> Other permissions -> Avast Mobile Security -> Display pop-up window -> Accept. It should help ;)

Hi Teresa

Yes, i got this answer from the support team and it fix the issue. Now i can access my app with no problem. Thank you!