Author Topic: Can't open Avast due to Microsoft Windows applications not supported on OS X  (Read 4381 times)

REDACTED

I paid a lot of money for a two year subscription, now I'm getting this message:
You can’t open the application “avast_internet_security_setup_offline.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on OS X.

I also paid for my Microsoft Windows application, so I will not be deleting that. I am a college student, and I have to have Microsoft Windows. I need help with this, do I cancel my Avast and request a refund, or is there a way to get it to work with my Windows?

Marsha

Offline krahulik

Hello Marsha,
  you have downloaded an installer of Avast antivirus for Microsoft Windows. If you want to install macOS version of Avast SecureLine, the installer can be found here: https://www.avast.com/download-thank-you.php?product=SLM&locale=en-ww

Also please note that the SecureLine license is not multi-platform at this moment. If you have bought a SecureLine license for Windows and you want it to use on macOS, please contact our support to exchange the license.

Best Regards,
  Martin