Author Topic: Avast Secureline Chokes/Stops Torrents  (Read 4286 times)

REDACTED

Avast Secureline Chokes/Stops Torrents
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »
I have had Avast Secureline for around 3 months now and has been working great until the last few weeks.  I kept noticing extremely slow down speeds on my torrents, but just thought it was an issue with the site I was downloading from, but I coincidentally disconnected the VPN and the transfer rates increased substantially.  When I reconnected the VPN, the speed dropped dramatically or, in some cases, stopped altogether.

I've done lots of testing and this seems to be a pattern.  I downloaded Torrex to see if it might be a problem with uTorrent (which I had been using) and Torrex had the same issue.  I saw another post that listed the key cities to connect to that were most likely able to handle the torrent (New York, Miami, Seattle, and one other that I can't remember).  I did see a minor improvement, but nothing to write home about.

I am using Win10 and have had no major changes in my situation at home.  I wonder why the Secureline worked so well and now is more of a problem than a help.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?