Author Topic: Subscription renewal - lost remaining months in existing subscription  (Read 1971 times)

REDACTED

I have been bombarded with notifications and warnings that my existing IS subscription was due to expire at the end of April 2017. Clicked on the link within Avast to update/renew my current subscription as all the notification stated I would not lose my remaining days.
And oh my what a surprise the new license expires one month short !!!
So how are Avast going to fix this problem ?

Also whilst on the subject of subscriptions - why is the USA licence priced at US$49 and the UK priced at GBP£65 (US$80) ? Does the UK have unique special viruii that don't appear in the USA ?

And yes I immediately cancelled the auto-renewal of the subscription - you are not that good that I want to automatically renew at some unspecified cost in two years time.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Subscription renewal - lost remaining months in existing subscription
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
Hi a-tech
And oh my what a surprise the new license expires one month short !!!
So how are Avast going to fix this problem ?

Sorry about this. I cannot see why this happened but it is indeed strange. I added the missing month to your subscription (you may need to re-apply the license)

Also whilst on the subject of subscriptions - why is the USA licence priced at US$49 and the UK priced at GBP£65 (US$80) ? Does the UK have unique special viruii that don't appear in the USA ?

You purchased Avast Internet Security for 3 PCs - 2 years. The price in the US for this license is  US$149.99 https://www.avast.com/en-us/internet-security
Not sure where you saw it for US$49.99? ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
Perhaps a-tech made a typo and forgot the 1 in the price.

In general for prices...
- different countries, different tax levels
- exchange rates
- when it comes to physical products, there are also the transport costs
etc.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
Thanks for amending the licence much appreciated - still not sure that auto-renewal is a good thing.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
Perhaps a-tech made a typo and forgot the 1 in the price.

In general for prices...
- different countries, different tax levels
- exchange rates
- when it comes to physical products, there are also the transport costs
etc.

No there was no mistake by me, I checked several times even adding to basket although the cost changed to GBP at the checkout. - maybe on the website.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
As with many (all?) things, it has its pro's and cons.

e.g.
Benefit is that the subscription is not gonna expire if you forget to renew (or take a new one)
Downside is that it sometimes (often) is cheaper if you just buy a new license as many times there is a special offer for "new" customers.

If you do not want the auto-renewal but are worrying about forgetting to get a new subscription (or extend the current one), a simple solution is to use the task scheduler in Windows.
Have it give a alert one week (or whatever you want) before the subscription expires.
You can also use a calender tool of course.