Author Topic: Uninstalling Froze, Now No Internet Connection  (Read 1102 times)

REDACTED

Uninstalling Froze, Now No Internet Connection
« on: March 30, 2017, 01:06:43 AM »
I really hate to post this, I've searched over the web.. I've actually been able to remedy this issue before. But I am working on a user's computer that has a dying hard drive, when I say that I mean that it's been very loud, blue screens have happened lately, which was not the case with other systems and this issue.

So the Avast Internet Security either expired, or a user wanted it removed... The uninstall process freezes with the Avast black Uninstall screen, it seems to freeze when trying to configure, rather UN-configure the "Firewall"... as it'll read something very early during the Uninstall that looks like "exe \\ uninstall firewall.exe" or something.

Whether the Uninstall just freezes, or the computer crashes, when you reboot the system it does not connect to the internet, it basically HiJacks the network adapter. I've tried uninstalled/reinstalling the network adapter, checking the settings.. it has nothing to do with the Network Adapter, it has to do with Avast being half/incorrectly uninstalled.

In the past I've been able to just re-install Avast, then try to Uninstall again, and have success. Once Avast is re-installed the internet works, and when properly uninstalled, with a system a reboot, the internet will return to normal.

I've tried the Avast Uninstall/Cleaner tool and it just spins. The 6mb Install files will not connect to the internet, and the saved file on my flash drive just opens up the boot/install logo and spins, forever... this is where the bad hard drive comes in to play, because I've never had issues reinstalling Avast Internet Security.

I've tried resetting the computers IPConfig through the Command prompt, resetting IP's, etc... never any luck. Are there any other processes to get the leftover Avast nonsense off a PC and restore the Network Adapter/Internet?

This is so frustrating, especially when it's not my system or one I can bring home and have limited time to try and resolve the issue.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Uninstalling Froze, Now No Internet Connection
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
Why uninstalling if the hd has to be replaced anyway ?
A wast of time in my opinion.