Author Topic: Firewall Help - NAT is moderate?  (Read 2361 times)

REDACTED

Firewall Help - NAT is moderate?
« on: March 30, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
Hello

So, I got this issue after getting Avast Internet Security, specifically enabling the Firewall.

Before all of this, I had a Open NAT in all games, but after the Firewall enabled this turned to Moderate, which isn't too great, it "works" for most games but I'd still prefer to get back my Open NAT.
So I tried different things, and once I disabled the Firewall the games would change to Open NAT again. So, I looked at the FAW, specifically this article but it didn't help me in any way.

The games in question are: Ghost Recon Wildlands, Rainbow Six: Siege, The Crew, The Division. As you can tell, they are all Ubisoft games, and I do have all their ports forwarded so that's no issue there.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Firewall Help - NAT is moderate?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
Yea, firewalls can be complicated stuff, but win firewall always work, never had any problems with it

I guess you are behind a router firewall?

In case you dont find a solution
https://www.howtogeek.com/122065/htg-explains-i-have-a-router-do-i-need-a-firewall/

REDACTED

Re: Firewall Help - NAT is moderate?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
Well, I'm behind a router, but isnt there a way for me to just disable the Firewall from Avast for just some applications or something? I haven't found a way to do it personally

EDIT: My PC is DMZ in the Router, so I dont have the Router Firewall so to say,
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:56:24 PM by BiddinWar »