Author Topic: Isn't it funny that after 1h30 of scanning I'm on 0%  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Isn't it funny that after 1h30 of scanning I'm on 0%
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
Isn't it funny that after 1h30 of scanning I'm on 0%  ;D
I hope it's only an UI issue and, indeed, the scanning is running in background  :o
The best things in life are free.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Isn't it funny that after 1h30 of scanning I'm on 0%
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »
Isn't it funny that after 1h30 of scanning I'm on 0%  ;D
I hope it's only an UI issue and, indeed, the scanning is running in background  :o

The scanning should be running.

There's no way to tell at the moment other than looking at the CPU usage of the process.

The scan stuck on 0% is a known issue (rootkit scan is actually running) and will be fixed in the future...

That's why I've been nagging them to bring back last file scanned and the amount of files/data currently being scanned and the speed of how fast the scan is going in MB/s. If users see stats moving, they know things are working and just going slow but if you have no stats, you just think it's stuck.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »
The scan stuck on 0% is a known issue (rootkit scan is actually running) and will be fixed in the future...
Thanks. I haven't noticed that before.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
Thanks. I haven't noticed that before.

As has been said this is a known issue.

You need to get out more ;) there are lots of topics in the forums relating to either the scan remaining on 0% or another percentage and finally reporting the scan was cancelled. When in fact the scan completed and there is an entry for it in the scan logs.

You might want to check your scan logs and see if it did complete or not.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »

That's why I've been nagging them to bring back last file scanned and the amount of files/data currently being scanned and the speed of how fast the scan is going in MB/s. If users see stats moving, they know things are working and just going slow but if you have no stats, you just think it's stuck.
EXACTLY!  I'm not on avast 17 right now, but when I did try it out, I didn't like at all how it gave you virtually nothing regarding the files scanned details and such of the progress other than the percentage indicator.  Because yeah, when it is there starting out at 0%, it does make you wonder if anything is actually going on.  Granted I have Windows XP and so the being in 0% phase doesn't last long. 
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »
You need to get out more ;) there are lots of topics in the forums relating to either the scan remaining on 0% or another percentage and finally reporting the scan was cancelled.
Indeed I need to get out :)