Author Topic: Can't install, Avast UI too large to click next, resolution 1360 x768 any help?  (Read 2723 times)

REDACTED

I have done a complete removal of avast using your tool and downloaded new version but I cannot click next so no install. Any suggestions please

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
That should normally be OK for the avastUI, but the installation screen has been larger than the UI. I have been banging on about this for years the installation screen needs to be resizeable or much smaller.

Are you running your display settings higher than 100%, right click on an empty part of your display and select display settings. Hover over the slider in the Change size of text, that will tell you what it is. If higher than 100% try dropping it back by 10% and see if that is enough.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

HI David. I am also having the same problem. My display is set to 125% because of problems with my eyesight.
When I set it to 100% Avast fits on the screen but I can hardly read it.
So a resize capability would be really be welcome for those that have an eyesight problem and have to work with larger screen settings.
Max

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
I think this could be of help.

Set the screen to display at 100%.
Hold down the Windows key and press the + (plus key)
This will start the Windows build in magnifier.

This should help people who have the screen to show over 100% and could also be of help to those who don't have a screen that can handle 1024x768

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
My display on this win10 laptop is also set at 125% by default as it is a 15.6" screen, but it has a 1920X1080 resolution so it would fit.

Dropping the size back a notch was only a workaround to allow you to get through the initial installation screen. You should be able to go back to 125% after installation.

You are preaching to the converted, I have been saying (banging on) that screens should be user resizeable so then can control it according to 'their' needs. But avast clearly don't like that idea of user control messing up their massive UI (or installation screen).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security