Author Topic: Avast Free - Quick Scan Cancels @ 99%, Full Scan Not Working  (Read 15279 times)

Offline frank479

Re: Avast Free - Quick Scan Cancels @ 99%, Full Scan Not Working
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 12:05:14 AM »
I'm sitting here in disbelief.  I upgraded to the latest version, 17.5.2302, rebooted, the automatic quick scan ran and completed and the dialog box actually showed the scan completed!  I was about to give Avast kudos on a job well done and I clicked on the details button and instead of taking me to the page with the scan results, it starts doing another scan.  Sort of like how the previous dialog box worked when you clicked on the dialog box.  I just can't believe this.  Then, I launch the program, I click on the red notification bell, see the listing of the scan results there, clicked on DETAILS and it starts another scan.  I don't know what to think right now.  Can it really take a good portion of a year to get a dialog box working correctly?  It almost seems like the problem was never fixed- they only changed the dialog box behavior.  Shaking my head right now...

Com'on Avast!!

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »
This issue has existed for a very long time and although stated to be being worked on I am not convinced that Avast are interested in resolving it.

Too many bells and whistles seem to have been incorporated in AVAST with every update.

After many years of use I have to consider moving to another AV program to avoid the continual Avast irritating problems.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
This issue has existed for a very long time and although stated to be being worked on I am not convinced that Avast are interested in resolving it.
Update to the latest version (17.5.2302): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=204588.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0