Author Topic: Website blocking  (Read 3124 times)

REDACTED

Website blocking
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
So I have been testing Avast business on a handful of computers. I have customers complaining that they can not reach fmcdealer.com
 As soon as I disabled the website scanning they are able to get on the website. A few days later It is blocked again. No popups, no messages, just not loading the page. My solution, for now, is to uninstall. I would really like to use this product, but for now, I can not.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Website blocking
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:46 PM »
Hi Chris,

I am able to access that site with the Avast client installed.

Which console are you using? Cloud, or On-Premise? Do you have any content filtering enabled in your policy?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 04:37:30 PM »
I believe it is avast business cloud. I have not change any settings. Just the default install.

Offline SMPlante

• Avast! newbie
    • Les Services Michel Plante
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 04:59:43 AM »
If you are (using Avast Endpoint Protection) and you are 100% fully confident the URL is safe (hey! it's a "Ford" site)  ;D then

Add an exclusion for this URL in Avast:

Setting; Global Exclusions; URL
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:11:59 AM by SMPlante »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »
SMPlante's screenhots are for the on-premise version. For the cloud console go to Network > Settings then click the antivirus settings tab and add the url under the exclusion list
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay