Author Topic: Will Not Run Past Memory Test  (Read 3545 times)

wlk9jen

Will Not Run Past Memory Test
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »
??? My Avast won't run past the memory test. Getting Unknown Error "can't load skin "usi GetSkin" failed. Is it a worm or something??? I have uninstalled & reinstalled a few times. By the way, I have WindowsXP. And use Avast 4.6 Home Edition. What do I do??? I can't even run other anti-virus things. And, now when I try to run Avast --- it also blacks out my screen & then pops up real big & when it's done the memory test it blacks out & goes back to the regular screen. Any Help Available???  ???
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:43:05 PM by wlk9jen »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Will Not Run Past Memory Test
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »
My Avast won't run past the memory test. Getting Unknown Error "can't load skin "usi GetSkin" failed. is it a worm or something???

About the "usigetskin failed" issue, if the repair does not solve it:
You will have to register ACTSKIN4.OCX
Follow the instructions:

Select START -> RUN...
Enter the following command:
If you have Windows NT or 2000:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
If you have Windows 95, 98 or ME:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
If you have Windows XP:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
If you have Windows x64:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX

Press OK (or Enter).
A message saying that the file was successfully registered should appear...

For some reason, ActiveSkin (the 3rd party library avast uses for skinning) does not seem to be working on your system. As a workaround, we may disable skinning in avast - that should solve the problem.

To do that, open the file <avast>\data\avast4.ini, look up the [UserInterface] section, and add the following entry:
StartWithSkin=0

I can't even run other anti-virus things. And, now when I try to run Avast --- it also blacks out my screen & then pops up real big & when it's done the memory test it blacks out & goes back to the regular screen. Any Help Available???  ???
Do you have any other antivirus installed? Are you sure they're not conflicting in your computer?  ???
The best things in life are free.