Author Topic: SafeZone Installed Itself AGAIN!!!  (Read 4635 times)

REDACTED

SafeZone Installed Itself AGAIN!!!
« on: April 05, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
About a year ago, AVAST! was installing this feature on peoples computer without their consent and generated some well deserved negative feed back. After about 18 pages from just ONE thread, a moderator posted that they have stopped installing it without peoples consent and even locked the thread preventing further comments.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184577.255

Now I have the SafeZone Browser yet again. It was installed by AVAST!
STOP INSTALLING THIS PROGRAM!
I am starting to feel that this Anti-Virus is bloat-ware, as do many others. This is unacceptable, and I do not appreciate it at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: SafeZone Installed Itself AGAIN!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »
Perform a real clean installation of the latest avast version and the problem should be gone.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:11:56 AM »
Clean as in uninstall AVAST! completely and all of its components? That seems a little bit excessive when they shouldn't do this at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »
It is likely a leftover from a old(er) installation and the real clean installation will make sure it is gone.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 01:02:36 AM »
I have the same problem, every time Avast actualizes it's Antivirus engine, it Installs Safe Zone, without my consent, and even they decide where to install it. And it is huge, 5.5 Gb, compared to Firefox  325 Mb, Chrome 481 Mb.  And if you just use the Uninstall that comes with the program, it leaves several thousand files in my disk, that took to Revo Uninstaller to eliminate them more than 5 hours.

This is innaceptable. I have been using Avast Antivirus for more than 12 years, in my computers and my phone, and have been very satisfied with it's performance. But if this continues I will think to replace it with another Antivirus.

Is there a form to notify Avast that I do not want its Browser?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:43:36 AM »
I have the same problem, every time Avast actualizes it's Antivirus engine, it Installs Safe Zone, without my consent, and even they decide where to install it. And it is huge, 5.5 Gb, compared to Firefox  325 Mb, Chrome 481 Mb.  And if you just use the Uninstall that comes with the program, it leaves several thousand files in my disk, that took to Revo Uninstaller to eliminate them more than 5 hours.

This is innaceptable. I have been using Avast Antivirus for more than 12 years, in my computers and my phone, and have been very satisfied with it's performance. But if this continues I will think to replace it with another Antivirus.

Is there a form to notify Avast that I do not want its Browser?

What avast version number are you using (the latest being 7.4.2294) ?
There isn't a form to complete, even if there were how would avast know/identify your system from the hundreds of millions of other avast users.

I have never installed the SafeZone Browser (not Safe Zone that you mention) and it has never been installed without my knowledge or consent.

Are you doing a custom install of avast ?
That really is where you can notify avast (the installation) what elements/components to install.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 02:15:16 AM »
The SafeZone browser isn't huge.
It is roughly 360 Mb.