Author Topic: Question about SecureLine VPN  (Read 3439 times)

REDACTED

Question about SecureLine VPN
« on: April 06, 2017, 02:40:50 AM »
So I have been using Avast Premier for a while now, and with recent events in the US I thought it would be prudent to purchase a VPN. Already having Premier, I went to the "Privacy" tab and clicked on the SecureLine tab, and it said I was now browsing in private, but I hadn't paid for it or signed up for the free trial. So I went to Avast's online store and went to the product page for SecureLine and downloaded the program, and signed up for the free trial. Why is there a menu option in my Avast Premier Security for SecureLine if it isn't actually the program itself? It's not even a shortcut to it. I'm definitely not seeing something, can somebody please explain it to me. I'm going to end up buying it either way, it's just a little confusing to me why SecureLine is presented this way.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Question about SecureLine VPN
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:17:27 AM »
From the screenshot this is the free 7-day trial.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »

Yes, but there are two windows. One is the Avast Premier Security program, and the other is the SecureLine program I downloaded from the product page. Why does the Premier Security program have a menu tab also called SecureLine if it doesn't do the same thing? What does it do? Surely it wouldn't do the same thing for free.

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
Try uninstalling the Secureline program then go to Avast's settings - Components and install it from there.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:25:06 AM »
Yes, but there are two windows. One is the Avast Premier Security program, and the other is the SecureLine program I downloaded from the product page. Why does the Premier Security program have a menu tab also called SecureLine if it doesn't do the same thing? What does it do? Surely it wouldn't do the same thing for free.
Seems you also installed the standalone version of SL. (You don't need both.)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0