Author Topic: Multiple firewall profiles for the same network  (Read 1331 times)

REDACTED

Multiple firewall profiles for the same network
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:52:20 AM »
This has been an oddity and sometimes an issue for at least the last two versions of Avast Premiere, and appears to be moreso now.  I have a single ethernet port, and a fixed IP address set in my router, but Avast creates another firewall profile from time to time.  Right now, there are two, 'Network Connection' with an entry in 'router MAC address' and another just named 'Ethernet (Adapter)' and no entry under 'router...'.  The issue in part is that it keeps changing the Ethernet one to 'Public', even when I have changed it to 'Private' and saved it.  It also seems like the list of firewall application rules changes when I change the profile back to private.

I have tried deleting the extra profiles from time to time, but it seems to put them back, sometimes pretty quickly.  Any ideas whether there should be multiple profiles, whether I can / should delete some/all of them, and why it keeps changing back to public?