Author Topic: Avast Passwords is interfering with Avast performance and customer satisfaction  (Read 3453 times)

REDACTED

Avast's latest upsell mechanisms have me looking for other anti-virus. They have a used car sales approach that is a total turnoff. It kills me to see a message from a brand I have trusted for many many years to send me a message saying I found 3 weak passwords or any passwords - then not identify the problem unless I pay.

I would like to see what they claim to have found and judge for myself if Avast passwords is correct.  If I like their advice, I would pay for it, but I find this "I know a secret about your computer, but it will cost you to know the secret" as destroying the trust I have developed in the Avast.

If I trust you enough to let you scan my computer, please have the decently to tell me what you found in detail and let me decide if I want to pay you to fix, monitor or improve.

REDACTED

- Do you have the latest version of avast?
- can you show a snapshot.
- is your version paid?

-JC20032017
 8) 8) 8)

REDACTED

I have paid for the Premier version and my Password will not work.  I have it written down in a log book for crying out loud and there is NO viable way to contact them for a Human Contact  to solve this royal pain in the ass !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
This has nothing to do with avast passwords.
It is CleanUp (smart scan) that is giving the message.