Author Topic: hack on my iMac?  (Read 2490 times)

REDACTED

hack on my iMac?
« on: April 07, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »
hi,

utilizing the 'home network security scan' w/the free avast version, it indicates that there are 2 devices. one, 'hon hai' gives the icon of a device with an antenna-i assume it represents a bluetooth device. and mine, 'this mac' with a computer icon. the ip address of hon hai differers from mine only by one numeral. it is 192.168.0.1-. in my system preferences/network i have the ip address, and then below a different number under the heading IPV6 address. i was being harassed by a woman on Facebook since 2012, who then began working as an executive assistant to the vp at time warner, my service provider, and i had problems daily getting online, and my phone was hacked, and computer and Facebook accounts. she has since left that business. i need to know how i can find out who this is? i have limited financial means and cannot afford and expensive it person to come in. since i believe it is through my network or someone near by with a bluetooth device i don't believe having it examined at apple will help. i had that done when it was being repaired in any case. in any event it indicating that i have 2 devices, one with this unfamiliar name. would this not be proof i am being monitored? there have been other things such as
whats app indicating that there is a 2nd computer logged on. this happens more and more often. i then log out and sign on w/iphone/bar code. any advice would be appreciated. thank you, richard

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: hack on my iMac?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
The device with the antenna is most probably your router (the address would suggest that too).
So sorry, no hackers on your computer/network ;-)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: hack on my iMac?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
About the other problems, report it to the police (with prove) and let them handle things.