Author Topic: Not recognizing my subscription  (Read 3835 times)

REDACTED

Not recognizing my subscription
« on: April 08, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »
My Pro version subscription is active until December, but Avast Mobile is not allowing me to use the pro features and wants me to pay money again. BS! Fix it or refund me for the entire year.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Not recognizing my subscription
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
This option is not available in version 6.1. Nowhere to be found at all unlike version 5.

Edit: I uninstalled version 6.1 and installed version 5.12 and restored my subscription. I then updated to version 6.1 and there was no subscription and AMS wants me to PAY again. Shady practices. I have uninstalled AMS and will never use or recommend your products to anyone.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:37:33 PM by Sammo H »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
Hi Sammo, please make sure you are connected to the Internet and go to Menu→Settings→Subscription. Refreshing the subscription screen should activate the Pro version on your device. If it doesn't help, please contact our Support on android@avast.com, specifying what e-mail address you have used for the Pro purchase. They will find your licence and help you out.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
Hi Sammo, please make sure you are connected to the Internet and go to Menu→Settings→Subscription. Refreshing the subscription screen should activate the Pro version on your device. If it doesn't help, please contact our Support on android@avast.com, specifying what e-mail address you have used for the Pro purchase. They will find your licence and help you out.
I provided them with a copy of my invoice with the order number and they still say they can not find my subscription. BS. I have filed a chargeback against Avast and will never use or recommend their products.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:53:56 PM by Sammo H »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »

Where is that on v6.1.2? There is no subscriptions under settings.

( Ticket ID: [#788574] ) for me and the last response was also 'we can't find a record of your subscription' days ago.

No response back after I replied with the play store receipt information... days ago.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 10:34:55 PM »
Hi, it can take a few days (depending on holidays and weekends when the Support does not operate). However, there was a bug causing issues with subscription recognition. We have fixed it, so your subscription will be restored automatically within a day or two. Thanks for your patience.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
Same issue, not option for subscription in menu > settings > subscription, waiting a few days for it to update is really not good enough

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 03:55:52 PM »
There is another solution, but it only works with some app versions - try to delete the app data in Android Settings--Applications--Avast Mobile Security--Clear data.