Author Topic: Windows 10 failed update to 1803, maybe an Avast problem?  (Read 89021 times)

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 failed update to 1803, maybe an Avast problem?
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »
Just a thks to Vik, had the crash  for 12 days.Took 6 hours to download Win10 to memory stick on friend’s computer and then 2 hours to get my machine up and running,however worth the wait , no data lost . Now very beware of any updates from Microsoft, and will wait for all clear from Avast before risking a similar nightmare. Have Hp Pavillion 15 notebook.    😋

Offline dnimon

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »
I am a user of Avast Free. For the past few weeks I, along with many others, no doubt, have been distressed, bothered, concerned -- call it what you want -- about seeing the many posting issues here with the combination of Avast being installed and Windows 10 updating to 1803.

As I continued reading posts here day after day about the problems, I would get somewhat relieved when I'd see posts saying W10 (somehow) wouldn't try to install 1803 onto computers with Avast installed, members of Avast's team saying a patch was being installed automatically, users like Bob saying he came through the process ok, just to read other posts in the past day or two of people still experiencing problems.

Finally, my number came up, so to speak. Last evening a notification appeared on my computer that Windows wanted to install a new major update.

So, after saying a few prayers and swearing a bit, I took the plunge and let Windows do its thing. I didn't disable or remove Avast beforehand (yep, I have the latest build).

A half hour later, the job was done (I popped into the computer room a few times during that half hour (seemed like a lifetime) to see the percentage indicator go up).

And, my computer survived!  :D !!

I could breathe again...………….

REDACTED

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2018, 01:30:19 PM »
I have updated Avast Free and have version 18.5.2342 with date 06-20-2018. When I update Windows to 1803 it hangs. Wy can´t I get a newer version of Avast?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2018, 01:34:33 PM »
I have updated Avast Free and have version 18.5.2342 with date 06-20-2018. When I update Windows to 1803 it hangs. Wy can´t I get a newer version of Avast?
Because the version you have is the latest stable version, you can always try the latest beta version https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=220803.0