Author Topic: Avast Mobile charging acceleration: how does it work?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Avast Mobile charging acceleration: how does it work?
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:30:20 AM »
To tell the truth, I don't trust any applications that promise to accelerate charging process for my device. Usually they are simple task killers that clean out RAM of any tasks and applications, then they put an animated picture on the screen to persuade the user that they are doing a certain undercover work for the battery.
That is why I was surprised to discover Charging Acceleration in AMS options. But I trust AMS itself and I would like to ask why they introduce this option. Is it different from the applications that I have described above? What it really does or can do to my Samsung galaxy tab 4? Why should I use this option? How can it influence the functioning of my tablet?
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Re: Avast Mobile charging acceleration: how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »
Several dozens of views and zero answers. I looked through the list of topics and found that: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200156.msg1383735#msg1383735

Can I consider it as the answer for my question? If Charging Booster is one of many task killers, it is a useless feature. AMS itself is capable of cleaning RAM.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Mobile charging acceleration: how does it work?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:25:32 AM »
I would call all those "charge boosters" misnomers.
The don't boost charging at all, they just reduce the power consumption which is (although related) something else.

Kinda like saying :
This car drives faster if you use our fuel.
But they don't say you need to use a little of their full at a time.
Ofcourse, less weight and the car will go faster. ;)