Author Topic: SBS Suite Questions  (Read 3631 times)

stevegilmore

SBS Suite Questions
« on: March 23, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »
Greetings from Sunny Florida. I hope that everyone is having a great day, or has had one!

Does anyone here use the SBS Suite of products? I would like to hear/read some experiences before making any purchases.

I have questions regarding the Plug-Ins for the SBS Standard Suite. which is supposed to fully protect the Windows 2003 SBS Standard.

Besides Exchange server, the Windows 2003 SBS Standard utilizes Sharepoint services and SMTP. I can not find that the SMTP & Sharepoint plug-ins are included in the product. I can also be blind and stupid? According to GW, we Americans aren't qualified to work anymore.  We're too Dumb, Lazy & Expensive. Anyways, back to my question, Will these services be protected with the Product?

Thanks for any advice!

Steve

roundtrip

Re: SBS Suite Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 05:02:02 AM »
I'm also interested to hear about the features highlighted by Steve.

CharleyO

Re: SBS Suite Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:39:33 AM »

The answer is yes and the info needed is on the webpages.    :)

Click the below link to the avast SBS webpage which can be accessed from the avast home page (www.avast.com) ......

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_small_business.html

Once on this page, scroll down near the bottom of the page to this paragraph and click on Server Edition ......
For more information on the products contained in SBS Edition, please visit the corresponding pages: Server Edition, Exchange plugin, ISA plugin.

Clicking Server Edition takes you to this link ......

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_server.html

where the information is in this paragraph near the top of the page ......
Currently, the following plugins (editions) are available:

MS Exchange Server 2000/2003
MS Proxy/ISA Server
SMTP Server
MS Sharepoint Server (both Portal Server 2001/2003 and Windows Sharepoint Services 2003)
More information about these plugins can be found on this page.

I hope this helps both of you.    :)