Author Topic: Why Port 7547 isopen, shown as unsecured in World fence, as given in Ask leo  (Read 2756 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, I am a fond lover of avast. I also read askleo and getting to my query from Ask Leo. Please see the the link and sublink of world fence which shows my port as 7547 as open and open to security risk.
I do not find this in my router check of wifi inspector service ports . Please include in your port in wifi inspector scan , and also give solution to how to close it from "open" stage.
Please see this link in ask leo particularly in section top Before the articles, where a link was given to test. As an ardent user of avast free, i am writing this to you to include in your scan, if it is found to be unsecure from the point of view of home routers. Your wifi inspector is a boon to us.
Please link
https://newsletter.askleo.com/ask-leo-648-vpn-protect/
I also checked at GRC sheilds up , which looking for particular port shows my router as open, or in a way insecure. expecting your comments
Of course: This port is included in your router scanning, but i think it is allowed to be open.
What is the kind of a lock icon on port 80 and 23. Is it denoting stealthy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:54:13 AM by jraju »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Each port that is open is a security risk.
Saying that, certain ports of course do need to be open to be able doing the normal things like web browsing, using email (if you do not use webmail) and such.

Port 7547 is used by (not limited to) ISP's to control their customers routers/modems.

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, Eddy , so there is no need to worry about that port? I have seen that  the article linked by Leo, which says that this port has been used by attackers for their access. Of course, the NAT router security is scanning everything. But , nowadays service provider allows some commercial ad websites to pop up their commercial ads, by inadvertantly clicking which leads to easy capture of the users.
                 What if this port is blocked. If you block this port, would not you get internet thro the router modem? Shields up site also leave to user to check the port individually. It only says that port is open. But it is not scanning this port at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Every open port can be used by the bad guys for a attack and/or spreading malware, that is why it is a security risk.
If YOU are not using that port, close it.

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, Eddy, that is why i ask Avast wifi inspector to check this also for vulnerability like 80 and 23 telnet and http ports. what is the answer for about my internet access if i block. please.
                       One more sub query: if suppose, i could not access my router page, is there any way to close the port, if it does not close my internet access, in firewall settings. please

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
 23 telnet may be used by your ISP to update router > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet

Do you have a modem/router from your ISP ?

Offline jraju

• Poster
No, They are supplying. But i use Dlink configured by the service provider.