Author Topic: Problems with new Avast.  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Алексей170

Problems with new Avast.
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:51:08 PM »
I use Avast for about 20 PCs total (me, family, work etc). After a update about month ago (switch to new UI), 2 PCs (windows 7) are now cant work with Avast. Sometimes, they dont enter system at all, sometimes system work very slow. If i uninstall Avast, everything working fine. With old Avast it also works fine, but it still updateds with Windows, even if i check "manual update" option in settings.
Any ideas what can make PC work so bad?

Offline jraju

• Poster
Re: Problems with new Avast.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »
Please check your internet speed and also any slow in windows xplorer.exe. Avast do not slow the system on any account. This new avast gives you more protection as it has so many security apps imbibed with it.
                     If you want some of the programs to be not shown, just you can deselect by yourself in the repair process. It will allow to deselect users not programs like software updator.
                     If you choose the correct things to use when and you want, in avast there is no cause for any slow. I am a regular users like you and please choose the programs to enjoy the full speed  that enjoy with your service provider

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
jraju,
please do not try to help people as you do not have the relevant knowledge to do so.

Алексей170,
What exact OS/SP ?
What exact avast version ?
Any other security (related) software installed ? (or was there)
Already performed a repair of avast ?
Already performed a clean installation of the latest avast version ? (this includes using avastclear)

Offline Алексей170

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
Just to be sure: only 2 out of 20 PCs work very slow. 18 working fine (and some of them are in same network). I assume some system settings broke avast, but i have no idea where to look specifically.

OS: windows 7 with all latest updates downloaded with standart windows update.
Avast version: last time i tryed - 17.3.2291 , but it was with all version after 17.1.2286 2017-02-07 update.
Any other security (related) software installed ? (or was there) No other programs and never was. Avast was installed right after windows 7 and worked fine untill ui release.
Already performed a repair of avast ? Yes. Nothing changed.
Already performed a clean installation of the latest avast version ? Yes, i tryed to reinstall few times, tryed system repair (to get older avast version) and such things, but without avastclear. Can you give me link on avastclear so i can try it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:34:32 PM by Алексей170 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
Avast version: last time i tryed - 17.3.2291 , but it was with all version after 17.1.2286 2017-02-07 update.
But is it avast free / pro / Internet security / premium ?

Uninstall Utility  > https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Offline Алексей170

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
Free version.

Thanks for link, i will try it and let you know.

Offline anthoniusii

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »
I use Avast for about 20 PCs total (me, family, work etc). After a update about month ago (switch to new UI), 2 PCs (windows 7) are now cant work with Avast. Sometimes, they dont enter system at all, sometimes system work very slow. If i uninstall Avast, everything working fine. With old Avast it also works fine, but it still updateds with Windows, even if i check "manual update" option in settings.
Any ideas what can make PC work so bad?
The last two major Avast updates are the most problematic ever (I use Avast Free for 7 years).
I have the same problems with W 7 64bit Ultimate like you.
Also I have already reported Home Security scan issues plus that in the last two upgrades Antivarius searches sometimes NEVER go more than O%!!!
This is today's FAST ANTIVARIUS CHECK after 30 minutes:

I seriusly thinking to leave Avast after all these years.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:37:08 PM by anthoniusii »

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
The last two major Avast updates are the most problematic ever (I use Avast Free for 7 years).
I have the same problems with W 7 64bit Ultimate like you.
Also I have already reported Home Security scan issues plus that in the last two upgrades Antivarius searches sometimes NEVER go more than O%!!!
This is today's FAST ANTIVARIUS CHECK after 30 minutes:

Anthoniusii, you are not alone.
The issue of GUI sticking at 0% during manual scans has been the case since 17 was released. The scan does run to completion eventually but you have no idea how far it has gone or how much more to do. Same happens on manual Full Scan.
I guess this scan progress issue is not a high priority with the devs. Maybe someone could put a word in.
Ed