Author Topic: Need to set up Endpoint Protection / SOA on a new computer - original one died  (Read 2980 times)

REDACTED

I have around 35 workstations and had the Small Office Administration set up and running on one of the computers.  The computer running SOA has crashed.  I need to install SOA on one of the other computers now.  This new computer will have a different IP address.

Is there a way for me to install SOA on the new computer and NOT have to go workstation to workstation to point them all at the new computer?  Or do I need to install SOA first, then go computer to computer uninstalling Endpoint Protection and reinstall it with the package from the new computer?

REDACTED

I have around 35 workstations and had the Small Office Administration set up and running on one of the computers.  The computer running SOA has crashed.  I need to install SOA on one of the other computers now.  This new computer will have a different IP address.

Is there a way for me to install SOA on the new computer and NOT have to go workstation to workstation to point them all at the new computer?  Or do I need to install SOA first, then go computer to computer uninstalling Endpoint Protection and reinstall it with the package from the new computer?

Bad idea to use a different IP address.  In fact, if you use the same IP address as your previous avast server, your clients will pull updates from it without a problem.  You can then do a network discover in the avast console and avast will automaticall re-detect all your endpoints.

If you DID change the server IP, then you'll have to go to the console and reinstall avast on all the computers in bulk. You don't have to go workstation to workstation if you're lucky. I had this problem a while back, new server, new IP, and the re-install from console did not work and neither did removal.  I had to uninstall avast manually on 200 workstations!!! bulk uninstall is very difficult because of the program protection, but bulk install is easy.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:59:59 PM by Dime3 »