Author Topic: Problem with Firewall on Avast 17.3.2291 run on Windows 7  (Read 1296 times)

REDACTED

Problem with Firewall on Avast 17.3.2291 run on Windows 7
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:52:32 AM »
I've had a strange issue pop up recently. Getting to websites online would take a really long time and oftentimes would end with taking me to a mostly blank page that just said something to the effect of "forum.avast.com unexpectedly closed the connection." Just insert the name of whatever website I was trying to get to.

I ran both Avast and Malwarebytes to determine if I had malware. They both came up empty. Playing around with the settings I discovered that if I turned the firewall off on Avast or set it to public that I would be able to get on the internet with no problems. This confused me since public should be more stringent protection, so why it works in public and not private I couldn't understand. Concerned that something was wrong with my programs I used AvastClear and Malwarebytes tool (can't recall the name) to do a clean uninstall of both programs. I also reset my router. After rebooting I only installed Avast back on my PC, because I saw some people mention having issues with both Avast and Malwarebytes running on their computer. I still have the same issue.

The only reason that I bring this up is concern. Nothing changed on my computer with either hardware of software to cause this to start happening. The fact that I don't understand why it's happening makes me think that something in my PC is compromised to such an extent that Avast is not functioning correctly even with a new install. While I can only confirm that the Firewall is acting up, it's impossible to tell if any of the other systems aren't working correctly either. Does anyone have any advice?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0