Author Topic: Avast Online Security wont save settings in Chrome  (Read 3351 times)

REDACTED

Avast Online Security wont save settings in Chrome
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:13:46 AM »
Hello, so I'll make this kind of blunt? I saw a topic already about this happening on Firefox but.. I still don't know what to do. Since I last updated like.. yesterday? I left to the store to pick up some stuff, came back and went to get online and noticed that all four of the block settings under the DO Not Track section on the Avast Online Security thing didn't save when I put them on. It seems to happen every time I close Chrome? Like I can close chrome and reopen it then and there and yeah it works fine? At least it did when I tried it once. Close everything and shut the laptop down? Get back on and those four are not saved again.

Before I updated, I got online to check my mail and noticed the little extension was grey, thought something was wrong and removed it to try and re-add it before I realized I needed to update. I use Windows 10, and always use Chrome but uh some help would be nice.. Not that great with computers.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast Online Security wont save settings in Chrome
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »
avast! Online Security uses cookies to store settings for some stupid reason. So, if you have it set to clear cookies on exit, it'll also clear avast! Online Security extension settings.

Could that be the case?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
I'm not sure? the other day it seemed to work fine, just got on and it was doing it again. But before that I had cleared my cache, so maybe that helped? When I go to content settings and then cookies, I have 'Allow sites to save and read cookie data' on. 'Keep local data only until you quit your browser' and 'Block third-party cookies' is off. Nothing is added to the Block, Clear on Exit, and Allow sections under that though. I'm not to sure what the cookie looks like for the Online Security extension, so I don't want to mess with the few that show up when I look for avast stuff and risk messing something up. I mean I know it's just the four block settings you can pick in the thing that keep unchecking themselves? But it's still annoying having to go back and save them again. The other day it didn't do that and I thought it was fixed but was not fully sure so I had planned on waiting a day or two to see if it happened again to reply on the off chance that clearing the cache had solved the problem.. Not sure if it did, seeing as how it only lasted a day before this happened again.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
Ok, so I just ran a smart scan in Avast(free version) and I think maybe this has something to do with it? Everything comes back fine besides a 'network threat' so I go to resolve it and the thing that pops up for network issues is my router. First time I resolved it, said it was 'fixed' ran the scan again just to be sure, same problem, tried to resolve, it skipped, did it again, same thing. Skipped. Wifi works fine, I went to my computer settings and tried to resolve network problems there and it showed nothing wrong? Like I can connect fine. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what's going on, but this wasn't happening before now either, so on the off chance it's involved thought I'd post it here to.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:50:50 PM »
Update: I know what's wrong with the network, but still having problems with the avast online security. I have automatic tracking blocker enabled an everything would be saved like I normally have it, and it still seems to reset to before that like I just added it. I know it uses cookies to store stuff, it doesn't matter if I save the settings. Can someone tell me WHICH cookie or cookies it is that it is? A few pop up when I look for avast stuff but I don't know which one it is that's the online security bit. Some of them are expires after browsing session, it would be great if someone could tell me which cookie and how to set it so it doesn't clear the saved settings after each session.

PLEASE this is really annoying!

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 07:58:40 AM »
Same here. I want to turn off that arrows in Google but preferences are being reseted.
Not each time I launch Chrome but every day.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:01:45 AM by amitashi »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:11:59 AM »
Which version of AOS..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0