Author Topic: Anyone on VoodooShield?  (Read 138 times)

Online polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • malware fighter
Anyone on VoodooShield?
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:10:11 PM »
A whitelisting tool next to your AV. Works as an IDS. When you block all it asks you to block, you are very well protected.
Who of us is using it? Run it on AUTO? Saw it proposed at Wilders.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline digmor crusher

Re: Anyone on VoodooShield?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »
I am, been using it for a few months now alongside EAM  and MBAM, no conflicts at all. I run it in auto-pilot mode, supposedly less pop ups this way. Developer is a real nice guy, very responsive to any questions you may have, you can contact him in the Wilders forum. I find it very easy to use, I just run it in the default settings, virtually bullet-proof as to anything getting past it from what I've read. Highly recommended if you want another layer of protection.
EAM, MBAM

Online polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »
Hi digmor crusher,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Yep, I also assume that there are very amiable people at Wilders. The one person that I met in real life came from Florida and he was very security apt and a true g33k.

With VoodooShield had two programmes that I had to allow, because they were tweaked by me to my personal resource likings. But there I absolutely knew what to do, so allowed them on. Proves that if you live up to it's alerts than you can feel quite quite secure.

polonus

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
I've been using Dan's progie for a couple of years, following the Beta Stream and quite like it. No real conflicts but a tad bit too busy in its protection  for me.
The developer is extremely interactive!!

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/
***HP ENVY 15K LT  W10 Pro 64Bit/750GB HD/ 16GB Ram/HotSpot ELite VPN/Prey Project
**HP Compaq Buisness LT W10 Pro 64Bit/1TB HD/ 8GB Ram/HotSpot Elite VPN/Prey Project     
*Dell Inspiron  xpSP4 PRO 32 Bit/Hotspot Elite VPN/Prey Project
<LAYERED SECURITY SOFTWARE PROTECTION on all OS's>Backup & Recovery>WD 500GB HD/Macrium Reflect
Do not confuse Kindness for Weakness

Online polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »
Hi schmidthouse,

But on Auto I do not see it's being that specifically loud. Sits there quite silently after the learning period and three unsigned tools allowed.

Seems I am doing much af the same routines on the old comp, like various scanning and analyzing like dom and script and api's,
certs and dns. Website security goes along a predefined path of fixed routines and evaluation schemes and Voodooshield seems quite accustomed to that.

Just started to moan a bit about malzilla, the sandbox mozilla malware analyzing browser, I use it only occasionally.
Had to enforce it's executable on to make it work.

Quite happy with VoodooShield actually.

Damian