Author Topic: Win32 svchost.exe  (Read 4749 times)

60!

Win32 svchost.exe
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »
Hello all, I very new to computers and just got a new one! So, the first thing I did was install Avast and my firewall. My? is what in the world is the above? I keep getting a pop up of this? Do I put a ck mark not to show again or what?  I know everyone is busy, but I really want my computer to be all right. :-[ So if some of you kind folks could help me out I would really apprecaite it.  Please go slow, so Iam able to absorbe everything if posssible. Also, how do I fellow this post? Thanks in advance. 60! Hope this is the proper place to post.

60!

Re: Win32 svchost.exe
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:50:12 PM »
I think I now realize how to follow this post..By the yellow foler. Correct? ::)

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »
Hello :)

My? is what in the world is the above? I keep getting a pop up of this?
UPDATED: What is the exact name of the virus detected, what is the file address, what is your OS?

I think I now realize how to follow this post..By the yellow foler. Correct? ::)
Correct ;)

UPDATE: now I get it  ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:03:38 PM by .:X:M:A:S:. »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:23 PM »

.:X:M:A:S:. , 60! is referring to the title of this thread.

60! ... the article at the following link gets technical but in the beginning it should not be too hard to understand and will answer your question. If not, post again.    :)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314056

~~~~~~~~~

If you want to easily follow a certain thread on the forum (especially if you are the thread starter) and have made a post in said thread, you can assure this while making a post. Below the box you type your post in, you will see "Additional Options..." and you should click on that. This opens the options; one of which is a checkbox for "Notify me of replies." A checkmark in this box will allow you to follow the post as you will get notifications when a new post occurs in that thread.

Otherwise, you can look down the list until you find a thread with "NEW" beside it's title. I think this is what most regulars to this forum do. If not a regular, then the above paragraph may be the way to go.

I hope this helps you.    :)

Edit:

Sorry about the above, .:X:M:A:S:. , but I got no notice [or I was blind temporarily ::)] while researching before my post that you had edited your first post.    :P

« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:31:22 PM by CharleyO »

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 09:21:27 PM »
.:X:M:A:S:. , 60! is referring to the title of this thread.
yes I got the meaning, hehe a little later but, I was a little reading vacantly  :-[
Sorry about that  :-[
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

60!

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 09:23:16 PM »
Thank you CharleyO, I couldnt make heads out of the article! So I went to cnet, and, this what their article said. X svchost.exe Added by the DELF-UX TROJAN! Note - this is not the legitimate svchost.exe process which is always located in the System (9x/Me) or System32 (NT/2K/XP) folder and should not normally figure in Msconfig/Startup! This file is located in the Winnt or Windows folder  :-\. So i guess I should block it?? Sorry to be so dumb. I'll keep cking back, please dont be angry with me for not understanding. Thank you for your patience! Just a yes or no will do, anyone please. 60!