Author Topic: Win32:Trojan-gen (VC)  (Read 3697 times)

myotis

Win32:Trojan-gen (VC)
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:55:28 PM »
I would like to install a keylogger on my computer to monitor the kids usage on the computer, however Avast! seems to have problem with all of them. No matter which one of the free ones I choose, they all seem to contain the same trojan. Blazing Tools Software Perfect Keylogger Lite makes it go crazy every time. Is this an actual trojan, or does Avast! just regard it as a trojan? Anyone with information on this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Win32:Trojan-gen (VC)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »
The problem is avast sees the key logging activity and can't determine the purpose of the key logging.

You can add it (the executable file) to the exclusions lists in Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions.

Rather than use a key logger which doesn't stop them accessing bad web sites, you just know about it if you are actively monitoring the logs. There are a number of parental control programs that block content rather than monirtor, which might be more effective.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »

Welcome to the forums, myotis.    :)

As added info, keyloggers are more often than not used for malicious intent. There is no way for anti-virus & anti-malware programs to tell just how you are using such a program. Thus, keyloggers are "flagged" by almost all such security programs.

One such program that others on this forum have used with success is the free Naomi. You can find it at the link below. Be sure to read the section titled "Other versions/plugins:" as there is info there to help you.

http://www.radiance.m6.net/

I hope this helps you.    :)

myotis

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 05:40:22 AM »
Thanks for the help. I am rather new to Avast! and though I figured there must be a way to make an exception for that program, I had no idea where to go about it to do it.

I was going for a keylogger because though I already have Cybersitter on the computer, the one feature I wanted that it does not have is a keylogger. Though that program, Naomi, intrigues me, and I am sure I'll give it a chance, because Cybersitter causes no end to mischief.

Thanks again.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 04:12:35 PM »
Glad we could help, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

Keyloggers
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
 :)  Hi Myotis :

The "cure" may be worse than the behavior you are trying
     to monitor !?