Author Topic: False information from Avast  (Read 3855 times)

REDACTED

False information from Avast
« on: April 25, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »
Opened my PC this morning to find a big window telling my my Avast inscription has expired and I'm not protected anymore. I thought this was strange as I would have expected some warning. So I sign up for another year and spend 60 euros. After the download I have a notice saying 'This is embarrassing, UI failed to upload. AV service not responding'. When I click on the Avast icon I find that

1. My current subscription doesn't end until 17 August.

2. Firewall protection is switched off and can't be switched on. It says 'Firewall off. You're not connected to a network'. What does that mean?

As you can imagine I'm not at all happy about being scammed for money from the very company that is supposed to protect us and the money they've conned out of me doesn't even provide any protection.

As you can imagine Avast, I want my money back for the double subscription and the firewall problem solved immediately.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: False information from Avast
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:41:34 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
As for the problem(s), perform a repair of avast.
If that doesn't solve it, perform a clean installation of the latest version with the off-line installer.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
When do I get my 59.99 euros back? You told me my subscription had expired. It hadn't. Just checked Paypal and the money has gone out to you. As I bought another subscription because I'd been given false information can you please return the money ASAP?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 11:17:40 AM »
We can't tell when you get it back, only avast can do so.
If you have created a ticket, just have patience and wait for avast to handle things.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
When do I get my 59.99 euros back? You told me my subscription had expired. It hadn't. Just checked Paypal and the money has gone out to you. As I bought another subscription because I'd been given false information can you please return the money ASAP?

Have you contacted avast using the support ticket system (link by Asyn in Reply #1) ?

That is the only way to request a refund.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »
Yes - got a ticket and that's all. Haven't heard anything, haven't got a refund. So I now have to open a dispute through Paypal. I'm not sure I'll be buying Avast again. They don't seem to know what's going on with their customer's accounts.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
What is the ticket ID ?
When did you create the ticket ?
Did you changed it or replied to it ?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
Ticket ID: [#792459].  That was the 25th April. They said they were experiencing a high volume of calls but I imagined it would be about 2 or 3 days.